Best stargazing location on Riviera?

OhState1

Sitting out under the stars at seas is one of the best things we did on our Galapagos cruise. Where is the best stargazing spot aboard Riviera? Somewhere where the lights on deck won’t overwhelm the stars.  I’ve read about people dining on the Terrace Cafe under the stars, but that isn’t quite the same as dark skies for stargazing.   

When you pass another cruise ship deep in the night you can see them from quite the distance away, floating palaces of bright light. So not sure there is any great place on Riviera to watch the stars in the "dark". Of course, you'll walk Deck 16 forward, where the Golf Putting is as well as Deck 15, aft, the fitness track, and Deck 14, the Sun Deck overlooking the pool and the Aquamar Spa Terrace forward (if A4 and up, free). Find the "darkest" spot you can.

For whatever reason I tend to wake up about 0400 or 0430 the first evening. So I get up and walk every deck of the ship. Did that on Riviera 12/2021. What is fascinating is that you'll find NO passengers out and about. Found a few crew lounging off the pool area and an artist in residence sitting at a table near the pool by the bar. The ship absolutely quiet and as "dark" as she gets. 

I wonder if the forward-most verandas would be dark. They are required to have veranda lights off and drapes closed so as not to interfere with bridge visibility which suggests "dark". Otherwise, I'd try as LHT28 said and go up to the sports deck. It may be worth asking the CD while onboard if some (not required for safety, etc.) lights can be shut off for star gazing one evening (oh, those lovely "moonless" nights!); you might even get an event in Currents 🙂

• Like 1