Are $2 bills appreciated for tips?

37 minutes ago, Longford said:

Yes, $2 bills will be accepted ... but not appreciated.  Stick to currently circulated currency.  That's my opinion.

Not only are they still in "circulation", they are still being printed and shipped to banks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

You saying they are Printed every Year? I thought was like every 4-8yrs they'd run a batch. 

They do them in batches but not every year.  They printed more than 100 million of them in 2022. 

Anti - (selfless?) stop being annoying and just use common denominations... Like everyone else

Pro - (selfish?) I do what I want and two dollars are easier to carry... You can't stop me!

Answer to OP: yes $2 is appreciated since it's better than $0 (period)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Getting a couple $2 every few years would then use them pay for anything just causes confusion as most say it's not real, fake. It's like the $1 coins that never take and Govt is then stuck with Billion's of them. They then try unload them on anyone making purchase from Govt Postage Stamp Vending Machines.

When I was stationed in Germany many years ago, all of the soldier support venues, example: Post Exchange, Commissary, Youth Activities, military banks, military pay offices, and so on, didn't receive any one-dollar bills, only Susan B. Anthony coins from the financial institutions servicing them.  You couldn't refuse them as it was the only form of a one-dollar available.  That was early in the issuance of the coins, and it was immediately understood by the treasury that the coins weren't popular and the easiest way to circulate them was by flooding the military overseas activities with them.  I still have a few.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blur said:

Anti - (selfless?) stop being annoying and just use common denominations... Like everyone else

Pro - (selfish?) I do what I want and two dollars are easier to carry... You can't stop me!

Sorry, but I find this childish.  My opinion (period)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Blur said:

So true.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

When I was stationed in Germany many years ago, all of the soldier support venues, example: Post Exchange, Commissary, Youth Activities, military banks, military pay offices, and so on, didn't receive any one-dollar bills, only Susan B. Anthony coins from the financial institutions servicing them.  You couldn't refuse them as it was the only form of a one-dollar available.  That was early in the issuance of the coins, and it was immediately understood by the treasury that the coins weren't popular and the easiest way to circulate them was by flooding the military overseas activities with them.  I still have a few.  

So the moral of this story is since you were forced to use unpopular currency, you will force unpopular currency on others?  Come on bro... 😂

I am not saying I wouldn't use $2 bills if I had them since they are legal currency but I def wouldn't go out of my way to get them to give out.  I think I tried once at my local bank in NJ and they said I had to special order then like foreign currency lol.

Edited by Blur
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blur said:

So the moral of this story is since you were forced to use unpopular currency, you will force unpopular currency on others?  Come on bro... 😂

You have no idea (period).

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Blur said:

I am not saying I wouldn't use $2 bills if I had them since they are legal currency but I def wouldn't go out of my way to get them to give out.  I think I tried once at my local bank in NJ and they said I had to special order then like foreign currency lol.

Since you edited this, in.  I don't go out of my way to go to the bank.  I go often for many reasons.  I don't even get out of my car.  My current bank (which is actually a C.U.), depending on, which teller I talk to, will be happy to order them for me, while others won't.  I  either get them or I don't, I don't lose any sleep over it if I don't. But, the next time I have to go into the bank and talk about a loan or other interests I have with them, I'll discuss that with them, the loan officer is also the GM or AGM.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Since you edited this, in.  I don't go out of my way to go to the bank.  I go often for many reasons.  I don't even get out of my car.  My current bank (which is actually a C.U.), depending on, which teller I talk to, will be happy to order them for me, while others won't.  I  either get them or I don't, I don't lose any sleep over it if I don't. But, the next time I have to go into the bank and talk about a loan or other interests I have with them, I'll discuss that with them, the loan officer is also the GM or AGM.

I think you get the point... If you have to special order them, then they aren't normal bills the bank keeps around and by definition more annoying to change and use.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

With inflation, it's time to bring back the $2 bill!   Dollar stores are now $1.50 stores

Someone thought of that. We have Five and Below stores and a lot of stuff is $1.50. Most Five and Below Prices seem to be under Dollar store prices.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Getting a couple $2 every few years would then use them pay for anything just causes confusion as most say it's not real, fake. It's like the $1 coins that never take and Govt is then stuck with Billion's of them. They then try unload them on anyone making purchase from Govt Postage Stamp Vending Machines.

Congress made Amtrak carry the $1 coins to give as change in their cafes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Blur said:

I think you get the point... If you have to special order them, then they aren't normal bills the bank keeps around and by definition more annoying to change and use.

I’ve never had to order any every time I’ve gone to the bank to stock up on bills.     They always have some in the safe.      My last bundle I got were sequential.      

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I’ve never had to order any every time I’ve gone to the bank to stock up on bills.     They always have some in the safe.      My last bundle I got were sequential.      

They probably knew you were coming?

That guy/girl is here again... Someone go grab the $2s.

Are you seriously thinking every bank does this?  I am ok with you using $2.. that's all you but don't try to make it sound like it's normal lol.

Edited by Blur
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blur said:

I didn't say anything about "Special Order" them.  It's part of their everyday cash order from their supplier, like Brinks.  They order today what they want tomorrow, or whatever the time frame is.  They order X amount of boxes of nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollar coins if wanted (minimum by the box, you can't order .75 cents in quarters). They also order the bills they want, it's not a special order, it's part of their routine order, I don't care what excuses a teller has told you for not wanting to get them for you.  Yes, they may have to order a minimum amount, but that doesn't mean they can't get rid of the amount you don't want.  All they have to do is make the excess a part of the deposit to their banking institution or give them out as change to their customers or both.  As stated, as the Manager of the FLL parking facilities, we did as little as a hundred thousand dollars worth of CASH business a day to a few hundred thousand dollars worth of CASH business a day, depending on travel season, we were cash intense.  It's probably changed a little by now.  Or daily cash requirement was handled exactly like a bank does.  We got our cash from the Armored Car Company, just like banks do.  If I wanted, for example, $2.00 dollar bills, it was the Armored Car's responsibility to get them for us.  Total transparency, we NEVER ordered two-dollar bills.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I didn't say anything about "Special Order" them.  It's part of their everyday cash order from their supplier, like Brinks.  They order today what they want tomorrow, or whatever the time frame is.  They order X amount of boxes of nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollar coins if wanted (minimum by the box, you can't order .75 cents in quarters). They also order the bills they want, it's not a special order, it's part of their routine order, I don't care what excuses a teller has told you for not wanting to get them for you.  Yes, they may have to order a minimum amount, but that doesn't mean they can't get rid of the amount you don't want.  All they have to do is make the excess a part of the deposit to their banking institution or give them out as change to their customers or both.  As stated, as the Manager of the FLL parking facilities, we did as little as a hundred thousand dollars worth of CASH business a day to a few hundred thousand dollars worth of CASH business a day, depending on travel season, we were cash intense.  It's probably changed a little by now.  Or daily cash requirement was handled exactly like a bank does.  We got our cash from the Armored Car Company, just like banks do.  If I wanted, for example, $2.00 dollar bills, it was the Armored Car's responsibility to get them for us.  Total transparency, we NEVER ordered two-dollar bills.  

Ok I didn't think I had to explain this but by special order... I meant "order" since the teller couldn't just hand me the bills (only asked for 50 for $100) right there and then like they could with singles, fives, 20s, 50s, 100s unless you were withdrawing a huge amount!  It's like inventory in a store, people will keep inventory of things that get requested often otherwise it's just wasting space.

I only tried to get a stack of $2 once and it's not like she said no... She was like we would have to order it and you would need to come back... Lol

Edited by Blur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blur said:

Ok I didn't think I had to explain this but by special order... I meant "order" since the teller couldn't just hand me the bills right there and then like they could with singles, fives, 20s, 50s, 100s unless you were withdrawing a huge amount!  It's like inventory in a store, people will keep inventory of things that get requested often otherwise it's just wasting space.

I only tried to get a stack of $2 once and it's not like she said no... She was like we would have to order it and you would need to come back... Lol

Just like ordering foreign currency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1