Newbie Question - Shorex Cancellations

toolworker

How does the on-board shorex cancellation policy actually work in reality?

Booking our first Seabourn cruise, I see some unexpected differences from other high-end lines.

For example, most other lines have a fixed on-board cancellation policy such as 48 or 72 hours in advance for a refund. Seabourn says that after three days prior to sailing there may be a cancellation fee, we can't find out the amount until we get on board, but it could be up to 100%. A phone agent said we'd probably lose the whole cost. So we're leery of booking anything before we get on the ship.

How does it actually work? Are there some kinds of excursions that normally don't have cancellation fees, and some that charge 100%?

According to the fine print, any cancellation after the 3 days before embarkation could be subject to 100% cancellation fee. I have take 4 Seabourn cruises, and when I cancel and exchange for another excursionI on board, I have never been charged any cancellation fees. Not sure if you just cancel. 

Onboard Quest at the moment. The stated time is 48 hours before a tour though once I cancelled 24 hours before a kayak because I was getting cramps in my feet and they were able to fill it from the waitlist so we were refunded.

For things like trips on planes & hotels for Seabourn tours like Iguazu Falls the cancellation date I think is ~ 30 days or maybe more.