Sitka,Victoria, and crab legs

melinda0222

On 3/12/2023 at 6:00 PM, melinda0222 said:

Family of 5 with 3 teen boys 14 and up.  Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, Victoria on Quantum mid June 2023.   Juneau we have private salmon/halibut fishing with whale watching.  Skagway renting a jeep and driving on our own.  Looking for:

Sitka:  wanting to just rent bicycles (not e bikes) and see the town on our own or hiking in the area (need bear spray?).   Does anyone know if there is company at the pier, that rents normal bicycles?  If we decide to go hiking on our own, is bear spray needed here like in other parts of Alaska (assuming so). 

Victoria:  I have been here, this is a short evening stop.  Any suggestions for something you love with teens?  I really thought this town was charming but all we did was walk around

Crab legs:  Yes I want to eat crab legs (king or snow).  No we aren't going to have time in Juneau.  Will I have any luck in Skagway, Sitka, Victoria?  If you have your favorite stop I would love that suggestion as well.  Yes I know I can eat them at home (I do all the time), I want to eat them in Alaska.   Thanks for the help. 

They to book something in Sitka with Fin Island. We did this last year and loved it. It’s a boat tour (we saw wildlife 

,whales 

, sea lions, and even a shark up close) the they bring you on a small island (Fin Island) where you have all you can eat crab legs, salmon and prime rib. It’s was delicious. Then you have s’mores outside at a camp fire. One of my favourite excursions. 
you will have your all u can eat crab.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, traceytd said:

They to book something in Sitka with Fin Island. We did this last year and loved it. It’s a boat tour (we saw wildlife 

,whales 

, sea lions, and even a shark up close) the they bring you on a small island (Fin Island) where you have all you can eat crab legs, salmon and prime rib. It’s was delicious. Then you have s’mores outside at a camp fire. One of my favourite excursions. 

Thank you for the info above.  I have been trying to determine if we wanted to book this excursion but I was not having much luck with reviews or details. 🙂

16 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

Thank you for the info above.  I have been trying to determine if we wanted to book this excursion but I was not having much luck with reviews or details. 🙂

Omg we loved it. Good luck 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 11:02 AM, traceytd said:

,whales 

Only one crab leg on Princess by the looks.

Special Notes:

Dress in warm layers to fully enjoy the vessel's observation deck and island shoreline. Sturdy footgear is also recommended. On days with inclement weather, Fin Island Lodge offers a place to stay warm and protected from the elements. There is some walking required on flat (boardwalks, paved or carpeted) surfaces. Depending on tide there are sloping docks and ramps in order to access Fin Island Lodge. Participants have option to explore natural terrain surrounding Fin Island Lodge (grass and beach sand/gravel). One crab leg is included in the meal and additional servings are available for purchase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Special Notes:

Dress in warm layers to fully enjoy the vessel's observation deck and island shoreline. Sturdy footgear is also recommended. On days with inclement weather, Fin Island Lodge offers a place to stay warm and protected from the elements. There is some walking required on flat (boardwalks, paved or carpeted) surfaces. Depending on tide there are sloping docks and ramps in order to access Fin Island Lodge. Participants have option to explore natural terrain surrounding Fin Island Lodge (grass and beach sand/gravel). One crab leg is included in the meal and additional servings are available for purchase.

Omg I’m so glad I didn’t book it yet for my upcoming cruise. It went up in price so much I was still on the fence but that makes my decision Wow

Thanks for the info.

14 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Special Notes:

It seems like a lot of companies are cracking down on this, this year, not just this excursion.