American Airlines

fern

We will be flying with American Airlines from London(UK) via Chicago to New Orleans to join the Sun in November.

Does anyone have any information as to what the onboard service is like in"coach class".

:)

We will be flying with American Airlines from London(UK) via Chicago to New Orleans to join the Sun in November.

Does anyone have any information as to what the onboard service is like in"coach class".

:)

You will get a hot meal, may get two depending on timing. Drinks will cost you, probably 777 service, although it may be 763. It is NOT BA, but it is a decent flight. If you have not been to ORD (Chicago) before, make sure you understand where you connecting flight departs from. ASK when you leave the plane from London and get directions to the gate if it is not close.

If you have not been to ORD (Chicago) before, make sure you understand where you connecting flight departs from. ASK when you leave the plane from London and get directions to the gate if it is not close.
Definitely ask, but it may help you to be prepared for this: Your London-Chicago flight will arrive at Terminal 5, where the immigration and customs facility is situated. You will clear immigration, collect your baggage and clear customs. You should be able to hand your baggage straight back to the airline immediately after customs. Then you need to exit into the terminal and take the inter-terminal train to Terminal 3, from which your Chicago-New Orleans flight will probably depart.

On the way back, if you are connecting through Chicago again, you should be able to stay within Terminal 3 and of course your baggage should be automatically transferred. But it's a big terminal, so again make sure that you know where you're going for your onward flight.

As for service, beware of the "AA pizza". After a couple of these, you'll never want to see another one again so long as you live. :)

Thanks for all your help.

Think we may take a few snacks on board with us!!

What is it about the AA pizza?

Hopefully transfering at Chicago will not be too bad especially as we have asked for assistance as my Mum will be with us and she'll be 84 . She's very fit but long walks are a bit of a no go.

Thanks again:)

The pizza is just awful. Too tough, too flimsy, just not very good. It is the one thing every loyal AA frequent flyer complains about. Maybe they will get rid of it and go back to the sandwiches/pita pockets or whatever they called them.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for all your help.

Think we may take a few snacks on board with us!!

What is it about the AA pizza?

Hopefully transfering at Chicago will not be too bad especially as we have asked for assistance as my Mum will be with us and she'll be 84 . She's very fit but long walks are a bit of a no go.

Thanks again:)

A bit of a tip - request one of those golf carts for your mom. With that you should be able to go right to the front of the line for immigration and speed on through. Given her age they won't question the request.

We did this in Philadlelphia a couple of years ago while coming back from Frankfurt with one person in our group who was 85. Since we were a group (there were 4 of us), they kept us all together on the golf cart and we whisked right through immingation and onwards towards customs.

A bit of a tip - request one of those golf carts for your mom. With that you should be able to go right to the front of the line for immigration and speed on through. Given her age they won't question the request.

We did this in Philadlelphia a couple of years ago while coming back from Frankfurt with one person in our group who was 85. Since we were a group (there were 4 of us), they kept us all together on the golf cart and we whisked right through immingation and onwards towards customs.

Thanks for the tip. I have asked for assiistance for Mum so I presume that will mean a golfcart or wheelchair. She doesn't like me doing it but my reply is why not. It certainly makes life easier.:) Here in Malaga there are always queues at immigration but with assistance Mum goes to the front of the queue(me as well of course).

After reading about the pizza I think we'll definitely take our own snack on board!!!

Archived