Mardi Gras Spa balcony

We have a standard balcony in the 16th deck booked for next February. Wondering if it’s worth the upgrade to the Sps Balcony for $300 for the 7 day cruise. It’s my 25th anniversary and just wanted to make sure I make it memorable 

*spa room is on the 17th deck

17 hours ago, Jessandmike1995 said:

We have a standard balcony in the 16th deck booked for next February. Wondering if it’s worth the upgrade to the Sps Balcony for $300 for the 7 day cruise. It’s my 25th anniversary and just wanted to make sure I make it memorable 

*spa room is on the 17th deck

The answer depends on how often you and your spouse plan on using the thermal suite. With regards to the room, the only difference is the color scheme and the body wash and shampoo. You do get a slightly nicer robe and slippers. Otherwise it's all about the Thermal suite. If you enjoy using the steam, sauna and heated tile loungers every day then it's a worthwhile investment. You can check to see how much buying a separate Thermal suite pass for two is and what the price difference is. One note though it is easier to access the thermal suite if you have a spa cabin since your room key is coded to open the thermal suite doors directly. You can use the direct elevators on Deck 17, go downto deck 5, and go through a couple of doors and you're in the Thermal suite. If you bought the spa passes separately each time you want to go to the thermal suite you would have to exchange your room key for a card that opens the thermal suite doors. Having a spa cabin you bypass that whole step! But if neither of you enjoy going to the steam and/or saunas (many people don't) or laying on a warm tile lounger then the extra money would be better used towards specialty dining. 

Edited by kwokpot

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The answer depends on how often you and your spouse plan on using the thermal suite. With regards to the room, the only difference is the color scheme and the body wash and shampoo.

This exactly.  We tried a spa room one time and found it to not be worth it.  We used the spa one time for about 45 minutes but found it to be way too crowded (not relaxing at all) and never went back.  Since the restart to cruising I think Carnival is selling way too many spa passes (but admit, I hate crowds).