Menus and Carb Counts

Bound4Bermuda

Hello. My daughter has Type 1 diabetes. I believe the Menu Mate allows you to filter by ingredients for allergens, but I don’t think there is a way to get carb counts, correct? Is there a place that I can at least view standard MDR menus in advance so we can try to plan meals and guesstimate carb counts in preparation? We’ll be on Venezia 8-day Eastern Caribbean, if that matters.

10 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Hello. My daughter has Type 1 diabetes. I believe the Menu Mate allows you to filter by ingredients for allergens, but I don’t think there is a way to get carb counts, correct? Is there a place that I can at least view standard MDR menus in advance so we can try to plan meals and guesstimate carb counts in preparation? We’ll be on Venezia 8-day Eastern Caribbean, if that matters.

You may want to address your needs via email at access@carnival.com, they may be able to assist you with your daughters issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You may want to address your needs via email at access@carnival.com, they may be able to assist you with your daughters issue.

Thank you! I did contact them with a list of needs, like a sharps container for insulin needles and a fridge for extra insulin—plus asking about menus—and they just gave me a canned response to ask my steward and/or contact the medical center onboard. I saw the post about the night 1 calamari and figured I could get more info on the menus here. Are they posted somewhere?

I don't think Carnival makes their nutrition information available. I usually just try my best (ie; I stick to things like the carved meat station, etc). I am not sure if the menu mates offers nutrition information or not.

• Thanks 1

Your best bet is to know portion sizes.  If you look in on any of the ‘Live from…’ threads, they often post menus for the MDR.  Menus are standard across the fleet, not ship specific or itinerary focused.  EM

• Thanks 1

With regard to portion sizes, we were on several B2Bs on the Sunrise this past January. I found the portion sizes for starchy items like potatoes and rice were about what a true serving would be (not supersized). However, there were not enough vegetables served with the dinners I ordered, and some were starchy. If your daughter will eat it, steamed broccoli is available every night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Thank you! I did contact them with a list of needs, like a sharps container for insulin needles and a fridge for extra insulin—plus asking about menus—and they just gave me a canned response to ask my steward and/or contact the medical center onboard. I saw the post about the night 1 calamari and figured I could get more info on the menus here. Are they posted somewhere?

St. Greg has pretty much everything on his website.  Here are the menus from a recent cruise on the Celebration which will be representative of what you will see across the fleet.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/celebration-mdr-menus/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1