Welcome Home

57eric

I recently received this email from Cunard: 

Welcome home.

On behalf of the Captain, our Officers and Crew, thank you for joining us on board
Queen Mary 2®. We hope that your vacation was as wonderful and memorable as you anticipated it would be. It was our pleasure to have you on board.

My last voyage was (sadly) 2019.  Not sure what they're thinking here.

• Haha 1

Here we go again.  A few hours ago I was writing my TA to explain what I wanted her to book tomorrow and went to pull up the voyages going on sale.  I had had this information since March 2.  Well, today it was gone.  Zip, nada, nothing.  I was able to pull it up by changing "us" to "gb" in the URL, but why should I have had to?

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

Here we go again.  A few hours ago I was writing my TA to explain what I wanted her to book tomorrow and went to pull up the voyages going on sale.  I had had this information since March 2.  Well, today it was gone.  Zip, nada, nothing.  I was able to pull it up by changing "us" to "gb" in the URL, but why should I have had to?

Oh, yikes! I see what you mean about the new itineraries having gone missing from the Cunard US website. The "View all voyages" link on their dedicated page "Introducing our new 2024 & 2025 voyages" produces the message "We are sorry; no voyages can be found to match your filters at present."

Not a great look for the launch of those voyages tomorrow (for CWC members). Let's hope it's just some temporary issue having to do with Cunard getting ready for the launch although they have had some problems with the launch in years past.

Now that bookings are open for the new 2024/2025 voyages, I see the Cunard US website is showing those itineraries once again. One problem though, when I start a booking on the Cunard US website for any of those voyages, the only fare it offers me is "Our Lowest Fare". That's a guarantee-only fare so the Cunard US website doesn't let me choose a specific cabin for any of the dozen or so new voyages I've looked at so far.

The Cunard UK website is offering the "Cunard" fare which allows the choice of cabin. And US travel agent websites are offering fares which allow the choice of cabin. Just thought I'd mention this glitch which appears to be happening with the launch of the new voyages on the Cunard US website this morning.

OK, good. I see the Cunard US website is now offering a "Launch benefits" fare on the new itineraries which allows selection of a specific cabin. So that earlier issue with the US website only offering "Our lowest fare" has been resolved.

Not surprisingly though based on past experience, "Our lowest fare" is actually higher than the "Launch benefits" fare on some of the new voyages.