Transferring a booking made with Celebrity to a travel agent

rubyred2010

Hello:

Has anyone transferred a booking made directly with Celebrity to your travel agent recently? How long did it take? The email I received when I did the transfer form on Tuesday 07Mar said up to 5-7 business days. The Celebrity agent today said it’s 7-10 business days. The sailing date is 16Apr23 and it’s still not transferred. At booking (Sunday 05Mar, travel agency not open), I advised that I will be transferring to a travel agent and they gave me a deadline of 15Mar23 to make full payment. Today, I spent over 3:30 hours on 2 phone calls being transferred 6 times and they’re saying they cannot expedite the transfer and can only extend the deadline until 22Mar23. It’s almost like they don’t want my money! I’m beyond frustrated with Celebrity right now. To complicate matters, the fare is now $1700 more than the reservation on hold and it’s guarantee bookings only.

You can't transfer a booking after final payment.   It sounds however that you don't have a booking but a reservation on hold which you want to book through your TA.   In this case generally the TA can do a conference call with Celebrity and you to accomplish taking the held reservation and booking via the TA.

Is the situation that your TA is not available?

When I book on board the booking goes immediately to the travel agent but I take it this is not the case here.

did you book a specific stateroom and date? The fare you booked should be locked in.

I would get ahold of the intended agency and put them on the case.  After all, they are interested in securing that commission

I have a reservation ID with a cabin number and price. I received an updated invoice with a new deadline of 22Mar. I have made no payments, not even a deposit. Both deposit of $530 and final payment is due 22Mar. I was told today even if I made the deposit, it would not expedite things. I have a gift card for this travel agency that fully covers this booking plus a residual of more than 1k, hence the reason I wanted the reservation transferred.

First cruise with Celebrity, although have done cruises with RCL, NCL. Trying cruising again after a break, after having done all-inclusives in Mexico and the Caribbean. This time only my spouse and I, sans our kids who are now grown and totally disinterested in cruising.

The travel agent called Celebrity today also, and was told it had not yet been transferred, and they can’t give any more information.

Thanks for the 3way call suggestion. I will talk to the travel agent about this.