Lost Luggage on Breakaway

Ranger28

We dropped off five pieces of luggage at the drop off in New Orleans and one piece was never delivered to our state rooms. Has anyone heard a success story on being united with their belongings? My daughter had all of her clothes and other essentials in the bag. Has anyone else noticed in their cruis contract that Norwegian only gives you $100 for a lost bag? No wonder there are no claim tickets for baggage.

Are you still on this sailing?

I've seen printouts in the FreeStyle Daily's asking if people have seen missing luggage with a description or photo of the bag.  It's probably somewhere on the ship but sent to the wrong cabin.

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Are you still on this sailing?

I've seen printouts in the FreeStyle Daily's asking if people have seen missing luggage with a description or photo of the bag.  It's probably somewhere on the ship but sent to the wrong cabin.

Yes, we are two days into our sailing.

10 minutes ago, Ranger28 said:

Yes, we are two days into our sailing.

Definitely run it up the flag with Guest Services if you haven't already.  Hopefully another guest would've sent the bag back to lost and found if it had no tag on it.

AirTags (by Apple) - no wonder it's gaining popularity these days, even for cruises *** ... we saw an APB (all points bulletin) for a missing piece of luggage, printed & distributed to all cabins on day 3 or 4 of our recent cruise asking all guests to help look.  How can someone mistakenly "claimed" it and store it under the bed or toss into the closet, I just don't get it - even if it isn't one with a TSA lock.  

We cross-pack ours (packing cubes) and always take a photo of the luggage, content & exterior, make it easier to file a claim & document the loss, etc. 

*** Although, ship's steel hull likely making it less likely to get ping & tracked, unlike bus terminals, trains & airport tarmac and luggage claims area, etc.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

AirTags (by Apple) - no wonder it's gaining popularity these days, even for cruises *** ... we saw an APB (all points bulletin) for a missing piece of luggage, printed & distributed to all cabins on day 3 or 4 of our recent cruise asking all guests to help look.  How can someone mistakenly "claimed" it and store it under the bed or toss into the closet, I just don't get it - even if it isn't one with a TSA lock.  

We cross-pack ours (packing cubes) and always take a photo of the luggage, content & exterior, make it easier to file a claim & document the loss, etc. 

*** Although, ship's steel hull likely making it less likely to get ping & tracked, unlike bus terminals, trains & airport tarmac and luggage claims area, etc.  

We used AirTags on our cruise a few weeks ago and had zero issues tracking our luggage.

To the OP -- good luck to you. As mentioned above, we always, always cross-pack just in case something doesn't make it. It can be a bit of a pain, but I'm always glad we do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year we were to sail out of Puerto Rico on the Epic.  We had NCL Air and shuttles.  The luggage was on the bus that dropped us off at a conference centre for COVID testing.   Unfortunately my son tested positive (despite testing negative 48 hours before @ home).  

Long story - short version is that our luggage went on the boat and we did not.   It took almost two months for it to be shipped back to us at home but we did receive it.