Captains Club Points for single with late cancellation

viperfoth

Wife and I were scheduled to depart on Sunday March 19th, on Reflection. My daughter had her 4th grandbaby a month early so wife decided to cancel so now I'm a single traveler.

Will I get double CC Points even though we only canceled her name on the reservation a week before? Celebrity reps are giving mixed statements and our big-box store rep has no clue.

It seems by verbage on Celebrity site that traveling alone earns double points. Doesn't say when the other party was canceled. Statement also only has my name on the reservation now.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Wife and I were scheduled to depart on Sunday March 19th, on Reflection. My daughter had her 4th grandbaby a month early so wife decided to cancel so now I'm a single traveler.

Will I get double CC Points even though we only canceled her name on the reservation a week before? Celebrity reps are giving mixed statements and our big-box store rep has no clue.

It seems by verbage on Celebrity site that traveling alone earns double points. Doesn't say when the other party was canceled. Statement also only has my name on the reservation now.

Thanks!

If are going alone you will get double points. That is all that matters.  After the cruise if your wife and your accounts are linked she will get points too.

30 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Call the Captains' Club.  Did your wife leave the funds she had paid on the account?  If so, you should get sailing solo double points credit.  They should also subtract one set of taxes and fees.

Did not think to call the Captain's Club. That worked and they stated all of this.

Taxes were removed and the rest of the price fair didn't change for myself, which made it an expensive trip but our fault for not planning in the grandbaby when we booked 🙂

22 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

If are going alone you will get double points. That is all that matters.  After the cruise if your wife and your accounts are linked she will get points too.

That is what they said.

Thanks all!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, viperfoth said:

Did not think to call the Captain's Club. That worked and they stated all of this.

I'm glad they confirmed that because that was my understanding.  It's good to hear that it still is the case.

More importantly, congratulations on your new grandchild, and bon voyage!  We sailed on Reflection and had a great time!