Is the remaining balance price locked in at booking?

roomba920

To all intents and purposes - yes but there is small print that under certain conditions a fuel surcharge can be applied (although it is over 30 years since that has been applied). Also you cannot predict what government legislation could do to affect the price.

5 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Is the remaining balance price locked in at booking, or does it flucuate with the currency exchange until paid in full?

The sterling price on the booking will be fixed and that is the amount you will be required to pay, but if your home currency is not sterling then of course that price will be affected by any currency fluctuations.

4 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

It is here in the UK but guessing your not booking in UK.

I booked in the U.S. My booking does show a remaining balance due in U.S. dollars after I paid the deposit. Would that mean the balance due is stable/fixed regardless of when I pay in full?

Edited by roomba920

1 minute ago, roomba920 said:

I booked in the U.S. My booking does show a remaining balance due after I paid the deposit. Would that mean the balance due is stable?

My understanding is that you cannot book direct with P&O UK from the US therefore you will need to ask with whoever you booked with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david63 said:

My understanding is that you cannot book direct with P&O UK from the US therefore you will need to ask with whoever you booked with.

You're correct. I have an agent who works for P&O in the U.S., but she's only available during certain hours, and I was hoping to get an answer here.

37 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

You're correct. I have an agent who works for P&O in the U.S., but she's only available during certain hours, and I was hoping to get an answer 

Most of us live in the UK so we dont have this problem. Does your TA have an e-mail address, if so send her a message asking for clarification  however if your balance is shown in dollars then I would guess your TA fixed a dollar price with P&O.

I would guess that if your dollar amount has not changed at all since you booked, then that is the amount owing and your Agent will have set the amount at the time of booking.  Whether the agent makes a profit/loss on the dollar rate is something else again.

Edited by jeanlyon

Thank you to all who responded. Upon reading the small print of my booking, it appears that although I'm shown a remaining balance in U.S. dollars, it's still tied to the pound sterling, and the exchange will be taken into account at the time of payment.

• Like 1