Club Orange: concierge and tender questions.

olya1972

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I wonder if it depends on how many ships are at HMC? If there's only one, both island tenders can go to just one ship.

Our ship, Rotterdam , was the only one there. BTW, in December 2022 we were on HMC on Rotterdam as well. At that time we had Neptune Suite. There were no special notifications for priority tender at that port as far as I remember. I do think there were announcements about tender tickets but Neptune Suit guests could go without tickets in one other stop, Boneair.

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

@Vict0riann, I'll be interested to learn whose "priority" was bettter/faster, CO or stars.

I’m not sure.  As soon as we got to deck 1 we were ushered to a ferry.  Never got to the lounge….  (Our plan was to go to the Half Moon Lounge)

Just walked down when the announcement came that the ship was cleared and we were on the first tender. They checked the cards and/or tickets at the stairs between deck 1 and A. Definitely a perk of CO, as we could choose the best chairs on the beach.

3 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

If you have booked your cabin, and its top of the grade for that type, what does CO offer in place of that upgrade??

There's some vague wording about an onboard perk or "experience" in lieu of the upgrade if upgrades aren't available. If you book the top of one metacategory, CO will not take you into the next metacategory. 

13 minutes ago, millennial said:

Does HAL have club orange on Vista class ships? And what about boarding the tender onshore to go back to the ship? Is there a priority line onshore?

I have never seen a priority line to get back to ship.  In fact, HAL usually informs passengers of this upfront.

I've never seen priority for returning to the ship, not even on HMC, where HAL controls the process.

There sort of is CO on the non-Pinnacle ships. No separate dining room, but there is a priority line for open seating in the MDR and a special menu with one extra entree at dinner. Supposedly an "enhanced" breakfast menu, but I don't know what that entails. CO on those ships might also get the better room service menu, but I'm not sure.

It does give you priority embarkation, tendering, etc. I think there's a CO line at the front desk. And, yes, you get a special tote bag!

7 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

If you have booked your cabin, and its top of the grade for that type, what does CO offer in place of that upgrade??

iF you book a cabin at the top of a particular category you will be billed for the cheapest in that category.  If I book any veranda from VQ though VF and I add Club Orange I will be billed for a VH (obstructed) veranda and the Club Orange upcharge will be added.  If you add Club Orange after you have been billed for the higher category veranda you should ask to have the stateroom fare adjusted.  

48 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

iF you book a cabin at the top of a particular category you will be billed for the cheapest in that category.  If I book any veranda from VQ though VF and I add Club Orange I will be billed for a VH (obstructed) veranda and the Club Orange upcharge will be added.  If you add Club Orange after you have been billed for the higher category veranda you should ask to have the stateroom fare adjusted.  

Do they reprice to the VH price at the time of your booking or to the currently available VH price? Do you know what happens if ship is sold out? They don’t reprice then? 

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Are you sure? I thought the process was to book cheapest available and then buy CO and ask for the upgrade. 

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Are you sure? I thought the process was to book cheapest available and then buy CO and ask for the upgrade. 

I book with a PCC.  I tell him what stateroom # I want (VB) and ask him to add Club Orange.  He calls a co-worker to confirm that CO is available and he books my stateroom at the VH (obstructed veranda) price.  Club Orange is added to my booking and I pay the deposit and Club Orange fee at that time.  

If you know you want Club Orange it’s easier to get it added with your original booking.   I suspect that if you add CO later your stateroom would he billed at the VH rate on that date.  It would not revert to your original booking date VH rate.  They only book a certain number of slots for CO so no point of waiting since it seems to be getting more popular on the Pinnacle ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, olya1972 said:

Do they reprice to the VH price at the time of your booking or to the currently available VH price? Do you know what happens if ship is sold out? They don’t reprice then? 

I’m pretty sure it would be the current VH rate.  If the ship os sold out, CO is probably sold out, too.  There are a fixed # of reservations available.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I book with a PCC.  I tell him what stateroom # I want (VB) and ask him to add Club Orange.  He calls a co-worker to confirm that CO is available and he books my stateroom at the VH (obstructed veranda) price.  Club Orange is added to my booking and I pay the deposit and Club Orange fee at that time.  

That's what I do. I tend to book early, so it's easy to get the category I want while booking the least expensive category. 

10 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

If you know you want Club Orange it’s easier to get it added with your original booking.   I suspect that if you add CO later your stateroom would he billed at the VH rate on that date.  It would not revert to your original booking date VH rate.  They only book a certain number of slots for CO so no point of waiting since it seems to be getting more popular on the Pinnacle ships.

Have you actually done CO to get a price drop after the original booking is made? The info I can find only says something about an "alternative benefit."

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That's what I do. I tend to book early, so it's easy to get the category I want while booking the least expensive category. 

Have you actually done CO to get a price drop after the original booking is made? The info I can find only says something about an "alternative benefit."

yes, I’ve done the CO add to get a price drop after original booking was made. Just last week for a Sept cruise on Zuiderdam, for 2 cabins.  It brought the price down hundreds of dollars by adding CO and adjusting from the top of the category price to the lowest. I used a PCC through HAL directly.  It was originally a booking made onboard. I even retained the same booking# which makes me believe it really was an adjustment, not a cancellation+rebooking within their system (makes little difference to me, but FYI)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1