Which Suite....1 bedroom Aqua or Owners Suite

Hi All! I am looking for feedback. We are looking at either the 1 Bedroom Aqua Suite or the Owners suite on the Oasis. It would be me, my husband and 2 kids ( 8 and 4). The only Aqua Suite left is on the 11th floor....is this too high to see the Aqua show? Any feedback is appreciated! 

If you don’t mind the long walk to the end of the ship, I’d choose the Aquatheater suite.  On 11, that long walk will reward you with a wonderfully large balcony with side and aft views You will be able to see the show, though you probably want the see the Aqua show from the regular seats, too.  The show looks different from the two vantage points…fun from both.  Try to see it asap from regular seats, then you can reprise best parts from you balcony at will.  

The bedroom of the Aqua has a real door so you can have privacy.  You can also put the kids down for a nap and close a door.  OS just has a curtain that noise passes through…with a gap over the TV so light passes through, too.  Not so great if you are up later than the kids.  The Aqua also has a dual entry bathroom, so you don’t have to pass near sleeping kids to get to bathroom.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

I had that debate on Harmony... We picked the ATS!! People in the Roll Call wanted to see the 1 bedroom ATS and they were surprised at how large it was. They had been in a One Bedroom on Oasis and it wasn't set up as well on Oasis as it was on Harmony. Also, said there is a height limit for the shower. The balcony is still nice, but I would check some YouTube videos and see if you really want it... 

I love the Owners Suites and I really love the Balcony on the ATS!! But not sure I would do an ATS on Oasis or Allure 

15 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Oops, I did not remember that Oasis does not have the dual entry bathroom…ignore that in my comments above.  The bathroom is off the bedroom.

I have an oops too!! LOL 
Looks like they took the tub out of the one bedroom and put in a large shower eliminating the height advisement 

When the sales were in full swing and things were a lot cheaper - I had to pick between a 2 bedroom GS or a 2 bedroom ATS. In the end, I opted for the the 2 bedroom GS mainly for the noise aspect of it all, and the price. I don't mind the shows, and maybe it wouldn't be that loud, but I am a very light sleeper/napper and the slightest noise would bother me.

Also, I know it would be a difference in "class" - sky vs star. That didn't bother me either since I wouldn't really use most of the benefits that star has to offer (ie don't drink, we like the MDR/Costal, etc). To each their own though...

Hi.

we have a Crown Loft Suite booked on the Symphony of the seas in April and have been offered 

the bid up.

we are possible thinking of Bidding for the 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre suite.

any thoughts or Recommendations?

IAN

We absolutely love the Aqua Theatre Suites.  But, if mobility is an issue for anyone, it is a long walk from the closest elevator(s) to the suite door, especially if you've been moving/walking around all day.  I once cruised shortly (about a month) after total knee replacement, it hurt but I wouldn't change a thing, well worth the pain.  

My only suggestion is if someone picks an ATS, if someone has a real mobility issue, rent or bring a mobility scooter.

6 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

we have a Crown Loft Suite booked on the Symphony of the seas in April and have been offered 

the bid up.

we are possible thinking of Bidding for the 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre suite.

any thoughts or Recommendations?

IAN

Don't know how badly you want to upgrade.  But, if it was me, I'd bid the minimum and hope for the best.  If you get it, it's a win win.  If you don't, you haven't lost anything.

• Like 1

+1 for the Aqua Theatre Suite, especially with kids.  But like others have said, it is a bit of a hike from your suite to anything else on the ship.  Also I have noticed that Wi-Fi is pretty spotty back there, more so then other locations on the ship.  This was pre Starlink though, so that may no longer be an issue.

Edited by TheBucketLister

14 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Also I have noticed that Wi-Fi is pretty spotty back there, more so then other locations on the ship.  

Well, not since they have reconfigured the stemenee switch on the oversized ahm nomitator and disconnected the unulengating capacitor and reconnected it to piggy back on the mortisfortis resister aray.  

• Haha 2