Communicating With Family Aboard Ship

Colorado Klutch

We were on the Eurodam in February.  Our neighbors had a dry erase board and sticky notes on their door.  They had messages on the board.."we're at xxx spot, meet us there."  They also left notes for the cabin steward there.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, Moriah said:

When I cruised with my no-tech 90 year old Mom, I came equipped with post-it notes and markers and always put a note on the bathroom mirror and near the doorknob of the cabin telling her where I would be and until what time, and when in doubt, the plan was always to meet at the cabin.  In reality, we were almost always together and when we weren't, we just agreed to come back to the cabin to collect one another.  I confess it was kind of a pain... I prefer texting... but even when I sailed with my 31 year old daughter, who constantly texted me, she complained I didn't see her texts because I'd forget to check! The Navigator does not give you any sound notification of incoming texts so it's easy to forget!

See my post (2 above this one) on how to get notifications on your iphone.  if you have another brand of phone - wherever you would have your app settings - there is way to switch on notifications.

12 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

you can have a sound notification

That must be new.  I won't call it an upgrade as I am not sure I want the sound of phones pinging all over the ship or worse still, many different personalised notification sounds disturbing the ambience of so many (up until now) peaceful places.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VermeulT said:

you can have a sound notification

iPhone notifications screen

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me, since all of my iPhone settings are (and already were) set, as above, to receiving any and all notifications from Navigator, but still I received (my last cruise was in November, 2022) no sound notifications.  I'm sailing again on Sunday and will report if the sound notifications work.

Edited by Moriah