Fresh creations

cacruisin

Is Fresh Creations only open for lunch?  Only on days at sea? 

I have this crazy idea that I might eat a bit healthier on this coming cruise and ATM am telling myself I will get a salad for lunch as opposed to a Guy burger...time will tell of course. LOL

TIA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, it is only open on sea days.  We were on the 2nd sailing of the Horizon in the Mediterranean and only had one sea day on our trip.  Needless to say- it was very busy.  I am looking forward to it next month on the Panorama as we have three sea days so I think we will be able to have less crowds (I hope)  It was a pretty good selection of toppings in a pretty small space.  Of course you can make as many as you'd like during operating hours. 

• Like 1

Fresh Creations on MG was open on sea days but the times were not always consistent/set meaning they opened one day at noon and another closer to 1 o'clock.  That being said, was very convenient to have it right on serenity deck and was surprised at the variety of items and freshness.  We enjoyed that convenience and lack of people in line, thought it was a nice touch, option and right next to the bar.  

• Like 1

Just got off the Horizon Sunday and it was located on deck 15 in the Serenity area. It was open only on sea days for lunch and was very busy. I believe the time was from 11:00 - 2 or 3. Hold on to your hat while your standing in line because boy, is it windy up there.  I didn't find it to be anything special and believe there were just as many salad options on the buffet. 

Edited by ajmac01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drazil65 said:

Fresh Creations on MG was open on sea days but the times were not always consistent/set meaning they opened one day at noon and another closer to 1 o'clock.  That being said, was very convenient to have it right on serenity deck and was surprised at the variety of items and freshness.  We enjoyed that convenience and lack of people in line, thought it was a nice touch, option and right next to the bar.  

On the Celebration in January that line was crazy!!  Luckily I was 5th-6th in line but it was easily 25+ deep.  I really enjoyed it & look forward to it on the Mardi Gras in July.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tdggal1980 said:

On the Celebration in January that line was crazy!!  Luckily I was 5th-6th in line but it was easily 25+ deep.  I really enjoyed it & look forward to it on the Mardi Gras in July.

I had the same experience on the Celebration in February, easily 30+ people in line.

It is all self serve and the sea day I went up it was SO windy that lettuce was flying all over the deck as people were trying to put it into their bowls. The juice was not worth the squeeze. 

• Like 1

Fresh Creations is my favorite - (the Pineapple-Coconut Vinaigrette is so good!) but don't delay going there as they do close if the wind gets too bad.  On our Panorama cruise Fresh Creations was only open 1 day (even though we had 4 days at sea).

1 minute ago, cacruisin said:

I guess I didn't realize it was self-serve....I was thinking Royal where you point out what you want and they throw it together.....

We have found this varies by ship (we've seen it both way).  On Panorama it was like you described (they put it together for us) but on Celebration it was basically a self-serve salad bar.  Celebration didn't have quite as many unique ingredients as Panorama did, but both were good (since I could drink that vinaigrette by itself).😄

• Like 1

Just now, csm5986142 said:

We have found this varies by ship (we've seen it both way).  On Panorama it was like you described (they put it together for us) but on Celebration it was basically a self-serve salad bar.  Celebration didn't have quite as many unique ingredients as Panorama did, but both were good (since I could drink that vinaigrette by itself).😄

Ok thanks, we are on the Panorama in 9 days so that's what I'll go by......

On 3/15/2023 at 4:45 PM, cacruisin said:

I guess I didn't realize it was self-serve....I was thinking Royal where you point out what you want and they throw it together......

On the Horizon last October, it was a mix.  Some "in the front" items were guest-served, and items along the back were crew-served.   Didn't matter at all to me and the number of selections far exceeded the Lido buffet salad bar's.  

I haven't experienced any closures of Fresh Creations for high winds (thankfully), but I can definitely see where it might be a good idea; on the Mardi Gras pre-pandemic, the winds were whipping the lettuce up out of the buffet and over into the Serenity pool.  😄  

The Serenity bartenders had it worse, though.  The winds would whip drink receipts right off the counter before patrons could sign them.  Those guys truly need some mini-clipboards for the receipts to keep them from flying away.  😉  

• Like 1