Mariner of the Seas April 1 cancelled

10 hours ago, Elliotts30 said:

I was one of the ones that got canceled.  RC was super accommodating!  Spent 2 hours on the phone and ultimately ended up on the Harmony leaving on the same day but going for 7 days instead of 5. They honored my price since obviously 7 days costs more, but there were no rooms left in the class I was so I had to take what they had.  It was for my Daughters Senior trip over Spring Break so I am super thankful they found us something else!!

I'm so glad it worked out for you. I'm on the April 1 Harmony cruise already, so welcome to our cruise!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

" Mariner of the Seas is currently undergoing dry dock for routine maintenance and exciting, which will require some extra time for these upgrades to be completed."

Do they not proofread?  It's undergoing dry dock for exciting?

Yes, they’re bringing the ship to a higher energy state using quantum mechanics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, njsmom said:

How do you find out when dry dock will be? I have never thought to look. 

All ships require a dry dock every 5 years till 20 years old, then twice in 5 years after. Combine that with a sizable break in her schedule (at least three weeks).

22 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

If they expected it to go into additional sailings, do they usually cancel multiple at once or play it week by week? I can't remember what they've done in situations like this prior. 

It varies by the info (and progress of the work) they are getting from the yard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, njsmom said:

We have a cruise leaving out of Miami on April 1 - Harmony of the Seas. It's a 7-day. I think it's almost fully sold out tho. 

And Explorer of the Seas is sailing from Miami on April 1 as well.

3 hours ago, njsmom said:

How do you find out when dry dock will be? I have never thought to look. 

Before you do the final booking, you could do a search for just your ship and your month.   That won't tell you explicitly if it is in Dry Dock before or after, but it will tell where it is around your time frame.   If you see cruises, you know you are good.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:48 AM, moposh said:

And Explorer of the Seas is sailing from Miami on April 1 as well.

Explorer's April 1st sailing is definitely good to go since she returned a week ago from dry dock and returning in the morning for her first post dry dock sailing.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:04 AM, F27TW said:

We're on 4/6 sailing .. getting nervous now.   😞

Us too…I would imagine they would have to make a decision on it pretty quickly. Hopefully they can do all required work in 5 days. 

On 3/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, Dligon said:

April 6 sailing we have a family wedding woth 86 attending , so much has gone into planning this. Definitely not something that can just be rescheduled.

We got the welcome  email from the suite concierge yesterday, which hopefully is a good sign. I asked when they are planning on leaving Cadiz, hopefully we will get an update soon.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

We got the welcome  email from the suite concierge yesterday, which hopefully is a good sign. I asked when they are planning on leaving Cadiz, hopefully we will get an update soon.  

Keep us posted! 

23 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Keep us posted! 

Not very informative but at least hopefully “R: The answer is we will and should be in Port Canaveral as per the schedule to sail on April 6th. Boarding should commence between 10:00 am and 10:30.”

• Like 1