Barbados Port and Hotel Questions

malony33

Good morning,

1. I'm sailing on Oceania's Insignia out of Barbados in Dec., 2023. Does the ship depart from the port in Bridgetown? What         are some of the hotels close to the port? Any with shuttles?

2. However far is the airport from the port?

Thank you so much. I have a broken arm and a concussion, and chronic fatique, and I've been looking for some specific info all morning. My arm is singing to me, and my eyes are closing, so I appreciate the assistance.

We are in n Barbados now and have taken cruises from Bridgetown port.  All cruise ships use the same port which, depending on number of ships in on a particular day (including huge ones) can be chaotic both embarking and disembarking.  No dedicated checkin area in terminal which is really a shopping area (we found a table outside the terminal near where taxi dropped us for checkin for Seabourn and Silversea so probably same for Oceania).  Hundreds of taxis line up outside terminal for day trippers or disembarking passengers.  Airport maybe 20 - 40 minutes depending on traffic.  No hotels provide shuttles and there are no hotels in Bridgetown itself.  You might want to look at the Hilton or Radisson hotels for relative proximity to port.  Hope this helps and happy to try to answer any other questions.

I believe the Hilton is closest to the port BUT the island is small so find somewhere nice and it will not costs your a fortune in a taxi to get to the port!

Port is rather threadbare in terms of checkin areas. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 8:35 AM, malony33 said:

Good morning,

1. I'm sailing on Oceania's Insignia out of Barbados in Dec., 2023. Does the ship depart from the port in Bridgetown? What         are some of the hotels close to the port? Any with shuttles?

2. However far is the airport from the port?

Thank you so much. I have a broken arm and a concussion, and chronic fatique, and I've been looking for some specific info all morning. My arm is singing to me, and my eyes are closing, so I appreciate the assistance.

Hi there!

hr 

We are on the same cruise with you. We are flying in a few days early and looking at staying in a beachfront resort pre cruise. Our TA had 2 hotels that O has listed for precruise stays. I'm debating whether to use those or something on our own. Either way, there are a lot of places to stay both on the South shore and the West shore of the island.

See you onboard!