Pregnancy Declaration?

rnr4thatsme

I am sailing with my pregnant daughter on Princess this spring.  She will be 19 weeks, so definitely before the 24 week cut-off indicated by Princess, and we will definitely get the required doctor's note, but how does this work?  She is very tall and might not look all that pregnant at 19 weeks if she carries anything like I did, so they may not think to ask.  Will there be a box on some kind of check-in form?  I just booked this online, I don't have a PVP or TA.  I just want to make sure that we do everything we are supposed to.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:55 AM, rnr4thatsme said:

I am sailing with my pregnant daughter on Princess this spring.  She will be 19 weeks, so definitely before the 24 week cut-off indicated by Princess, and we will definitely get the required doctor's note, but how does this work?  She is very tall and might not look all that pregnant at 19 weeks if she carries anything like I did, so they may not think to ask.  Will there be a box on some kind of check-in form?  I just booked this online, I don't have a PVP or TA.  I just want to make sure that we do everything we are supposed to.

All you need is the note.  I sailed pregnant twice, and the note came in handy the first time because customs didn't send enough agents to Alaska (we were one of the first cruises of the season).  I was only 6 weeks and didn't look pregnant at all, but was really nauseous and couldn't stand in line for the 2 hours it was taking to clear people through customs.  I had my note and showed it to the Princess employees who put me on the line for people with disabilities.  You just need the note in case they ask about pregnancy.  They many not even ask, in which case you can choose to show it to them or not.  She'll be fine.  The only thing I needed was lots of small meals, which was easy to get on the cruise ship.  Have a great vacation!

• Like 2

I sailed last year and hit 23 weeks the day after we disembarked.  I just took my doctor's note to Guest Services as soon as I boarded.  They made a copy and sent it to the Medical Office on-board.  I was never asked any questions about my pregnancy by any staff or employees, at check-in or on board.  However, this was my third pregnancy, so by the end of a 10-day sailing, more than one fellow guest asked if I was expecting twins! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been 21 years, but I got a note from my OB plus copies of anything important in my medical records.  I never had to hand them over to anyone, but kept them all together in the event of an emergency.  With my previous pregnancy, I had wound up on bed rest due to pre-term labor, so the OB wanted to make sure any possible medical providers had sufficient medical history to treat me.