Extension of Princess cruise credit expiry date?

Hello everyone,Ā 

Firstly please excuse my silly user name - I tried every combination of names and was repeatedly advised that my 'username was invalid'... it's Vicki here!Ā  Has anyone had success with Princess extending the expiration date of their cruise credit?Ā  I've had credit since March 2020 when all cruising was stopped and have since booked another 3 cruises, all of which have been ultimately cancelled by Princess.Ā  I've finally found a cruise in November that fits my schedule, but my credits expire in August.Ā  I know the technical details of asking for an extension, but has anyone ever had success? Any hints greatly received šŸ™‚Ā Thanks.Ā Ā 

9 minutes ago, Username_is_invalid said:

Hello everyone,Ā 

Firstly please excuse my silly user name - I tried every combination of names and was repeatedly advised that my 'username was invalid'... it's Vicki here!Ā  Has anyone had success with Princess extending the expiration date of their cruise credit?Ā  I've had credit since March 2020 when all cruising was stopped and have since booked another 3 cruises, all of which have been ultimately cancelled by Princess.Ā  I've finally found a cruise in November that fits my schedule, but my credits expire in August.Ā  I know the technical details of asking for an extension, but has anyone ever had success? Any hints greatly received šŸ™‚Ā Thanks.Ā Ā 

Yes, I've had them extended a couple of times. Just phone Princess and they should be able to help you but sometimes have to refer it to a supervisor. Point out that there are virtually no cruises available over our winter for you to use those FCCs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I missing something here? I think I must be dumb!!! You said your credits expire in August.

Ā 

As I said as long as you book before expiry you then can take your cruise after expiry.

Ā 

Book before August - take your cruise in November.

I had a lot of credits due to expire, couldnā€™t find a cruise in the time period that I liked. Ā Rang Princess (in Australia). They extended my dates to the cruise I wanted which was just outside of the original expiry date. Ā They then used this credit as my deposit.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Cascade1 said:

Am I missing something here? I think I must be dumb!!! You said your credits expire in August.

Ā 

As I said as long as you book before expiry you then can take your cruise after expiry.

Ā 

Book before August - take your cruise in November.

Yep, you're missing the point. My explicit instructions from Princess are that I have to book before the 1st of April and then sail before the 31st August.Ā  They are not accepting my cruise credits on my November cruise, because it departs after my cut off sail date of 31st August.Ā 

Ring them and talk to the rep, if not happy ask to be escalated to a supervisor. Ā I must admit I did use the Elite since 2013, card and was very insistent about how unhappy I was with their original decision. Ā 
My family thinks they allowed me to extend to shut me up. Families can be so cruel. Lol

Ring and keep trying, good luck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Ring them and talk to the rep, if not happy ask to be escalated to a supervisor. Ā I must admit I did use the Elite since 2013, card and was very insistent about how unhappy I was with their original decision. Ā 
My family thinks they allowed me to extend to shut me up. Families can be so cruel. Lol

Ring and keep trying, good luck.

Thanks for the hints - I too am Elite and am also happy to be 'insistent' lol...Ā  šŸ™‚Ā 

We had our goodwill FCC extended by 3 months. We booked the cruise first, with no deposit, then put in a request to have the goodwill FCC applied. It had to be escalated for approval but we received confirmation of the extension within 24 hours. We're in Australia, if that makes any difference. šŸ˜Š

• Thanks 1