The Taste of Norwegian Farm Life excursion

KaDarr

35 minutes ago, KaDarr said:

Has anyone taken this excursion out of Bergen? Did you like it? Was it worth it?

We did this one. It was low key, interesting and a chance to interact with farm life and  the delightful family. I’d do it again!

• Like 1

What Janetcbl said. My great-grandfather grew up on a farm in Norway, which added to the interest for me. We enjoyed learning a bit about running a small farm (Norway doesn’t have the huge industrial farms the US does), and the owner and his family were very gracious hosts. It turned out to be one of our favorite excursions of the cruise.

• Like 1

Agree with Janet and Twitchly - we loved this excursion! We always enjoy learning about the flora and fauna of an area, and the domesticated fauna at the farm were adorable (sheep) and majestic (horses). The farm is in a beautiful setting, and their mission of outreach to various groups is compelling. As were the pastries  baked by the owner!☺️

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We did the visit in May 2022 and it was very enjoyable, so picturesque and such a welcoming family with delicious treats and great entertainment. The animals were such a delight, also. You will have such fond memories whenever you think of Bergen. 

Valerie

• Like 1