Back from Sovereign!!!

We are back from the Sovereign cruise and it was GREAT!! Loved everything, lots of security and lots of spring breakers - but no problems....Had great service and great food, LOVED COCO CAY!!!! That was the best! We were on the tween deck - deck 6 - very convenient to everything. Only complaints were disembarking - it was total chaos - worst I have ever seen on a ship....I think the main problem is that guest realations is right there where you get off and it creates such a traffic jam, the only other complaint I had was the sewer smell that others have mentioned - I did notice it a lot - in different areas of the ship. But it was a great cruise, not long enough. Also saw something strange to me - while in Nassau we were next to the Carnival Celebration and on the ship was a big banner that said "security warning stay 50 feet back" Does anyone know what that means??? Let me know if you have any questions, it was a great cruise.

Who was the captain, has Brearley gone on vacation yet? Did you eat in the main dining room or Windjammer. What did you do in Nassau. Was there Quest? Any answers will only increase my anticipation and therefore decrease my sleep!!

jtd, I truly mean this in the nicest way: do a search on Sovereign by using the search function in the blue bar at the top of the page.

For the decor and appearance, watch the Travel Channel's "Dry Dock: A Cruise Ship ReBorn".

They added a Sorrento's (pizza joint) and a Johnny Rocket's, both above the Windjammer. JR costs $3.95 per person for all you can eat. (drinks extra). They completely re-did the WJ, too.

If you want to read about life on board, click on the link in my signature. :D

Forgot to mention that the big clock worked the entire time too.....Never heard and joggers on the tween deck. In Nassau we shopped and did the Yellowbird tour which was great. Nice island they take you too...I think it was called blackbeard cay - it was a very nice beach. There was quest and we did not do that - though I have before and I lobe it. We ate in the dining room at night and windjammer for breakfast and lunch.....all food was great - never had anything bad. I woke up this morning and no one was here to make my yummy omlet for me....I was to go back now!!!

Archived