Berlin by train shore excursion v outside tour bus tour v DIY via train

cotomom

Can anyone give their experience on booking Carnival's shore excursion Berlin by train including Sachsenhausen Camp from Warnemunde? Looks like it might be a chartered train with no AC? Were there bathrooms onboard, what was the meal/snacks, were you able to see all the sights or was it a very quick driveby in a bus once you reached Berlin vs walking tour? Would you recommend or not and why? Any and all info you can provide on Carnival's excursion, an outside tour operators bus tour of the same, or taking the non-chartered train on your own to Berlin to only do some sights in Berlin (not including Sachsenhausen Camp) would be greatly appreciated.

I had booked that excursion for June.  I ended up cancelling and found another tour instead.  Still a full day Berlin tour, but doesn't include the camp, and its on a bus for $159.  I just couldn't justify the $419 cost pp Carnival was charging, specially since I hadn't decided what I was doing yet and in the meantime they raised the price from $359 to $419.  I ended up booking all my tours with Sandra's   tours.  Carnival's prices were just too insane with those huge increases.  

• Like 1

We did Berlin by Train (just the train) a year ago.  The train didn't have AC, but you could open the windows, so it was OK, even with near-record heat that day.  I believe the train had bathrooms, but we didn't use them.  We got snacks going and coming back.  We went the DIY route and spent the day at the zoo, which is outstanding.  It was a Monday, and all the museums were closed, which took some people by surprise.

• Like 1