B2B Rome excursions

Kenhel

Considering B2B cruises on the Ascent in the Fall of 2024. Rome is the disembarkation stop on first leg. Does Celebrity offer excursions for disembarkation/embarkation stops? I am familiar with the ones in Florida where the excursion ends at the airport but in this case we would want to return to the ship for the next leg. 

34 minutes ago, Kenhel said:

Does Celebrity offer excursions for disembarkation/embarkation stops?

Maybe.  It's usually dependent on demand. IF (big if) enough request, they'll arrange a B2B tour to Windsor from Southampton.  It's probably the same from Civitavecchia.

Likely you will not know until you are on the ship for the first sailing.  Having done many B2Bs, I don't think I ever recall an excursion posted prior to sailing.

But honestly, if you want to do Rome, it is incredibly simple from Civitavecchia via the train to do it on your own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenhel said:

Considering B2B cruises on the Ascent in the Fall of 2024. Rome is the disembarkation stop on first leg. Does Celebrity offer excursions for disembarkation/embarkation stops? I am familiar with the ones in Florida where the excursion ends at the airport but in this case we would want to return to the ship for the next leg. 

There are a lot of good private touring companies that you can hire that will pick you up at the pier, take you to Rome, and have you back before the ship sails.

6 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

If you book a private excursion for turn around day, be aware that the onboard time is early.  We chose to enjoy civitavecchia that day.  Did this last May after TA.  

We have Civitavecchia as a turn around day on our Fall cruise - what do you recommend to do in port?  We usually just hang around the ship in Civitavecchia, but this time I'd like to get off.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

14 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

We have Civitavecchia as a turn around day on our Fall cruise - what do you recommend to do in port?  We usually just hang around the ship in Civitavecchia, but this time I'd like to get off.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Recommend you get off the ship. Many nice cafes on the waterfront and a nice walk along the water.  We wandered thru the city and went thru the market place.  For us not a long enough time to go into Rome. Some historical places also.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

Recommend you get off the ship. Many nice cafes on the waterfront and a nice walk along the water.  We wandered thru the city and went thru the market place.  For us not a long enough time to go into Rome. Some historical places also.  

Thanks for the info. We've stayed and been to Rome so many times that we wouldn't even attempt on a turn around day. The waterfront and market place sound nice!

On 3/18/2023 at 3:31 PM, jwlane said:

Maybe.  It's usually dependent on demand. IF (big if) enough request, they'll arrange a B2B tour to Windsor from Southampton.  It's probably the same from Civitavecchia.

The OP asked about Rome.

As it is an 45 minutes or more to Rome if everything goes perfectly or about 1.5 hours using the port shuttle bus, a taxi and train - very risky.  

There are interesting ruins right in Civitavecchia and a could nice places for lunch.   Also ruins north of town you could access with a rental car.  Pickup available 1 minute from the port shuttle bus stop.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat