Wonder of the Seas one entree rule ?

firts

Do some of you people ACTUALLY take the time to look at what's being left on other's tables? That just blows my mind. I can't EVER recall giving a crap about what others are eating, leaving, wearing, etc. This is also not about "entitlements," it's about the fact we CAN and are ALLOWED to order as much as we want to, period. That's the way it has been since cruising began, or at least as long as me and others in my family have been cruising. They have always pushed the whole "order it, try it and if you don't like it, don't eat it.  And in all of those years, we've been "allowed" to eat what and how we want. On the Harmony 3 weeks ago, it was RIDICULOUS that we couldn't have our 2 appetizers, main courses, or desserts brough out at the same time. It REALLY slowed the whole process down having to wait for the staff to bring this stuff out when ready. I always order a salad and french onion soup and always ask for them to be brought at the same time so that the soup can cool (very hot), while I eat my salad. They would NOT do it. The waiter acted like she would be in big trouble if she did, so I didn't push it. Again, this SLOWED the table down and if their goal is to speed it up to 75 minutes per meal, they are failing.  I left a very poor review of the dining experience and hopefully many others do in hopes of a change.

45 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Based on your hypothetical scenario, do they only make up to 625 and then stop, and then make to order each dish after that where their forecasting was off?  Or to play it safe do they still make 650?  If they still make what they were originally making then there is no cost savings as the food is still wasted

if they make extra thinking they need 625 , they also would have made extra if they thought they needed 650 .

In his hypothetical those 2 examples would change together

18 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

But enough of that - just some pushback is necessary....it is not a hard rule as reported many times only the sheep fall for it.

Funny, now it's "just some pushback".  Earlier was "I'll make a scene".  Again, go ahead and try.  Please video how it goes. 

1 minute ago, sailor05 said:

The waiter acted like she would be in big trouble if she did, so I didn't push it.

That was a BIG mistake!

Push back + make noise!

So you waisted your time for nothing......there are so many reports that people that push back get it their way - just make some noise and you will get it!

4 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Do some of you people ACTUALLY take the time to look at what's being left on other's tables? That just blows my mind. I can't EVER recall giving a crap about what others are eating, leaving, wearing, etc. This is also not about "entitlements," it's about the fact we CAN and are ALLOWED to order as much as we want to, period. That's the way it has been since cruising began, or at least as long as me and others in my family have been cruising. They have always pushed the whole "order it, try it and if you don't like it, don't eat it.  And in all of those years, we've been "allowed" to eat what and how we want. On the Harmony 3 weeks ago, it was RIDICULOUS that we couldn't have our 2 appetizers, main courses, or desserts brough out at the same time. It REALLY slowed the whole process down having to wait for the staff to bring this stuff out when ready. I always order a salad and french onion soup and always ask for them to be brought at the same time so that the soup can cool (very hot), while I eat my salad. They would NOT do it. The waiter acted like she would be in big trouble if she did, so I didn't push it. Again, this SLOWED the table down and if their goal is to speed it up to 75 minutes per meal, they are failing.  I left a very poor review of the dining experience and hopefully many others do in hopes of a change.

Not one person has said you can't order as much as you want to.  And yes, in the past, you've always been allowed to eat what and when you want it.  Did Royal used to have midnight buffets on the pool deck?  What happened to those?  I mean at some point they were "always there", right?

Did Royal use to put chocolate on the pillows at turn down?  I mean they "always did", right?

Oh, wait... didn't Royal used to have twice a day room cleanings as standard for all rooms?  I mean, they "always did".

Things change.  Just because something was always done is not a reason to continue doing it. 

3 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That was a BIG mistake!

Push back + make noise!

So you waisted your time for nothing......there are so many reports that people that push back get it their way - just make some noise and you will get it!

I'll also ask... can you provide these reports that people "pushed back" and got their two entrees? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Really?  Give me a hard one.

Customer: I want my two entrees at the same time.

RCI Employee:  I'm sorry sir, company policy prevents us from doing that.

Customer: I need a reason!

Employee: Company policy has changed and we're no longer able to do that.

Customer: (louder) How dare you!  I paid a lot of money for this cruise and I want my food when *I* want it. 

Employee: I'm sorry, we're not allowed to do that.

Customer:  (louder) If you don't give me my food when I want it, I am going to hold my breath until I pass out.

Employee: I'm sorry, we can't do that.

Customer: (Screaming) Give me my food!

Employee on radio: Security, we need assistance in the MDR.

LMAO

Best laugh i've had in a minute

Thx for that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

That is not the current policy - that is something you just made up....

The issue is one serving at a time.  You can call it a serving while I can call it a plate.  If the policy is internal, how would you know what the policy is?  Apparently, there are several folks that are reporting that they were only allowed to order one "serving/plate" at a time.  I believe there is a policy behind it.  

I wasn't going to take sides, at least not overtly, but I've come to the conclusion that @S.A.M.J.R.'s views are 100% right, and we've had our disagreements on this board. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Okay, I'll play for a minute.  

There are public policies and there are internal policies.  Usually, internal policies aren't known to the public, go figure.  And the internal policies may and probably do affect customers.  So, there may be an internal policy by RCCL to their kitchen staff that they can not honor or accept double orders.  The guest must finish their first plate and then order another if they want one.  There can be many reasons for a policy.  I'm not saying I agree with the policy or not.  I'm just throwing out theories like others are.  They may want to gather statistics/develop an algorithm to know what the logistics may have to be.  And the impact of having to prepare meals that may not be eaten is significant.  Yes, I believe, for the most part, it has to do with $$$$.  

Just to be clear , and I don't believe it was your belief , rather a miswording, but there is absolutely nothing about actually finishing a plate of food ... You can order the first and as it arrives say , take that away if u so chose.

Oh crap , I've just given the boy an idea for night 3 of his protest 

Cheers

29 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They break it already!

Look at the reports!

And if the 2nd is cold I have no problem sending it back...creating more work...they will and are learning quick...

For like the 5th time .... What reports ?

Please show us !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just to be clear , and I don't believe it was your belief , rather a miswording, but there is absolutely nothing about actually finishing a plate of food ... You can order the first and as it arrives say , take that away if u so chose.

Oh crap , I've just given the boy an idea for night 3 of his protest 

Cheers

LOL, you are 100% right.

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Apparently, there are several folks that are reporting that they were only allowed to order one "serving/plate" at a time.  I believe there is a policy behind it.  

No that is simply not true - they always take orders for multiple plates of anything - they bring it out to the staion but then only put one on the table at a time.

But again that rule is only for the sheep - many report now they get 2 all the  time if wanted and pushed for it.

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

they always take orders for multiple plates of anything - they bring it out to the staion but then only put one on the table at a time.

While I said earlier that that's what I observed with OUR order.  I never said that it happens to ALL orders  Have you got proof that that ALWAYS happens?  Where is the documented proof?  

And lastly, even a warrior knows how to act in public and treat their fellow humans with dignity and respect.  Yelling at them isn't treating them with dignity and respect.  As a former leader of Soldiers, I can tell you that I never purposefully embarrassed any of my soldiers.  Same for the many management/corporate positions I've been in.  

You've jumped the shark a long time ago.  This is a bad joke.

Just now, cruiseboy89130 said:

Why do you think I have to proof anything to you?

Yep, a joke for sure.  Wasn't it you that was asking that of others?  

You don't!  So, why were you asking others for the same?  Are you being a hypocrite?  No, this is a bad joke.  Get over the shark.

I notice you deleted the content of post #40.  Was it something you said?  LOL

image.thumb.png.efa2530427f02bed37bb8631f093c5f9.png

I was on Odyssey two weeks ago.  On Lobster night, was able to order both lobster and tortellini and both were brought out at the same time, without even being asked. In fact, the head waiter came

over and took care of taking the lobster out of the shell.  Also the first night they brought out multiple apps at the same time

and we asked going forward if they could only bring one out at a time, and no problem going forward.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rockmom said:

But at what 'off the menu' land restaurant where you are given a menu, and are served by waitstaff, not a 'all-you-can-eat-glutton-fest', are you able to keep ordering entree after entree? 

All of them. Just 2 nights ago I ordered shrimp to go with my Maui. They had no problem adding to the plate and serving it at the same time. It is quite common in Florida restaurants to have shrimp or lobster as an add-on to any entre. Although I do not consider myself a big eater, I will occasionally order two appetizers, or a lobster tail to go with my steak on "formal" night while on a cruise. Same as a land restaurant, surf and turf is quite common on the menu. This really is an odd service cutback on RCI's part.

• Like 1

There have been posts recently about only wanting to sit in the MDR at a table for 2, some ask why would you not want to share a table with others? Reading this post (and many others) reaffirms my choice to always request a table for 2! Could you imagine sharing your vacation time with some of these posters who chronically complain about every little thing? And worse announce how they’ll handle things when they don’t get their way, no thanks! 

• Thanks 1