Recent Wonder cruisers: Solarium any cooler these days?

I, and others, have had issues with the Solarium being very warm and humid on the Wonder. Before all of you start getting jumping with "I've never thought it was warm - what are you taking about!". Just be nice. Just looking for recent data points on if the the Solarium temps have been comfortable and not too humid. Thanks!

We were on the Wonder 2 weeks ago and read all of the complaints about the Solarium being too hot and humid but found that not to be the case on our cruise.  We spent quite a bit of time in there from using the hot tubs, loungers on a sea day (when we could find them), meals and the cocktail gathering at the bar pre-Chef's Table. 

The enclosed design is misleading, there are many louvered windows which were always open on our sailing and it was very nice in there.  Our last 2 sea days were windy on the pool deck and the Solarium was a better option for us.  

We actually found most of the complaints on Cruise Critic specific to the Wonder to not be issues for us, no soot, food was good for us, survived the once a day cabin service, loved the entertainment etc.  There are crowds from time to time, if you look hard enough you'll find something to complain about but as a whole we had a great time, enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Before all of you start getting jumping with "I've never thought it was warm - what are you taking about!". Just be nice.

I like this comment, especially "Just be nice". It's like there is a whole algorithm, etiquette/protocol and disclaimers that you have go through to ask a simple question on Cruise Critic these days just to get a basic answer without enflaming the masses! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I like this comment, especially "Just be nice". It's like there is a whole algorithm, etiquette/protocol and disclaimers that you have go through to ask a simple question on Cruise Critic these days just to get a basic answer without enflaming the masses! 

Totally agree!!!

• Like 1

Was on Wonder 3 weeks ago and spent a lot of time in the Solarium. We found the temperature to be just right (comfortable). We noticed that the windows were all open so that definitely helped.

Edited by Arya23

3 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

It's like there is a whole algorithm, etiquette/protocol and disclaimers that you have go through to ask a simple question on Cruise Critic these days just to get a basic answer without enflaming the masses! 

When you ask such a subjective question it’s kinda hard to get a “basic answer “. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

When you ask such a subjective question it’s kinda hard to get a “basic answer “. 

Ha. Exactly what I’m talking about. Someone couldn’t wait to make a snarky response!  Welcome to cruise critic everyone. Guarantee you this person will not be able to resist responding to my post. 

1 hour ago, chiguypaul said:

Someone couldn’t wait to make a snarky response

It’s not snarky, it’s reality. Kinda hard to expect someone to carry a thermometer with them on a sailing, bring with them into the solarium and take measurements to give you an objective answer. Everything else is going be the subjective answer you didn’t want - “it was fine for me”. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It’s not snarky, it’s reality. Kinda hard to expect someone to carry a thermometer with them on a sailing, bring with them into the solarium and take measurements to give you an objective answer. Everything else is going be the subjective answer you didn’t want - “it was fine for me”. 

See. You're doing it even now and you don't realize it. You're being snarky. All the things you're saying don't need to be said. Your posts on this specific thread add no value and are not helpful to any way to the original question. And I KNEW you couldn't resist posting to defend your position of not being snarky. And I know you won't be able to resist posting again and responding to this. 

4 hours ago, renza said:

Really just depends on the sailing. In the summer it is going to get very hot and humid but right now will be hit or miss depending on the outside temperature. 

Yes to your point I'm sure the summer cruisers will have different opinions.  Our cruise probably averaged high 70s to low 80s with humidity in the mid 70s which for us made the Solarium feel comfortable.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Your posts on this specific thread add no value and are not helpful to any way to the original question.

But it might help you to understand why you may not get the answer you are looking for. BTW, about 90% of the posts on CC add no value but folks post anyway. Also, expecting to not have some snark or subjective feedback (even if specifically asked not to) in CC threads in unrealistic.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

But it might help you to understand why you may not get the answer you are looking for. BTW, about 90% of the posts on CC add no value but folks post anyway.

And of course you posted again!!! Too funny. You can't help it. You have to justify yourself and can't just let it be.

I'm just looking for any data points. I don't need you to critique or instruct me on how to post. You are exactly why people have come to dislike Cruise Critic forums. People want to post and solicit for information, but instead they get lectured by people like you for how they ask questions. 

1 minute ago, chiguypaul said:

People want to post and solicit for information, but instead they get lectured by people like you for how they ask questions. 

Did you notice the time between the last post, my first one and yours? I have browsed every thread in the RCI section of CC for years and noticed trends. I can assure that if I or you had not responded, this thread would very likely have gone into the pile of threads in which the OP didn't get any meaningful feedback. Unless your thread is on the first couple of pages for folks to see, it gets forgotten/overlooked. During a busy part of the day, that can happen within an hour. Our banter is likely the only reason you got any feedback since my first post. 

Biker, who sometimes posts, not necessarily to provide an answer but to bring the post forward for others to do so.

Again, you can't help yourself. Not only did you respond, but you found a way to justify your actions. I see now. You're doing me a favor, by being critical of me, for how I asked my question. Ah... got it. Thank you so much Biker. You are amazing and an incredible asset to CC. Thank you for keeping my post active and helping me get feedback. Thank you for your comments in this thread to help bring the post forward. Thank you for not letting my post go to the file of threads where the OP doesn't receive any responses. You are awesome! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have not been on the Wonder, yet.  However, I did broach this subject a few months back.  The answers were all over the place.  Having said that, I'm a guy that likes to be on the cool side, 70 - 72 or <, is fine with me, others may be more comfortable in 78 - 80 or >.  So, if I'm comfortable, my wife is pissed and cold.  The bottom line for me, I'll go and check it out for myself when I book a cruise on her one of these days.  If too hot, I'll not go, at least not for long.  Too cold and my wife won't stay for long, but I don't think that is going to be an issue. 

Otherwise, LOL!

• Thanks 1