Shorex Sold Out 10 Months Ahead

foodsvcmgr

A number of shore excursions for Celebrity Eclipse Antarctica next January are already showing as sold out,

Plus there are way less in total per port than what Princess was offering on my prior cruise to South America.

Is this typical currently?

Will additional space (extra coaches) be added?

Will different tours be added closer to sailing?

To make matters worse I made some direct contacts with operators in Stanley and were told they can’t book direct, only through the cruise, yet nothing resembling their tour appears on Celebrity’s listing which makes me think maybe I’m early rather than too late.

Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks.

Excursions can be added to the Cruise Planner at any time.   We did all private excursions with others on the Roll Call on the Antarctica sailing.  I was not the organizer and can’t recall the names to the tour guides we used.

If shore excursions are super important to you, have you done any research on the "drive by" vs landing approach to Antarctica? Obviously it is more expensive to do a cruise that has landings, but after finishing a Falklands/South Georgia/Antarctica cruise with Silver Sea (also owned by RCCL) I have to say the all inclusive daily landings created the best trip of my life (and I have cruised and traveled pretty extensively). 

• Like 1