Secret Harbor Day Pass

travellgirl

There's a Secret Harbor Resort on St Thomas, but they don't offer day passes. The Secret Harbor on St Thomas offers beach chairs through their dive shop Aqua Action, but they're limited and best to reserve before you arrive.

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 6:39 PM, Ms411 said:

There's a Secret Harbor Resort on St Thomas, but they don't offer day passes. The Secret Harbor on St Thomas offers beach chairs through their dive shop Aqua Action, but they're limited and best to reserve before you arrive.

Correct, Secret Harbor does not offer day passes. Just get there early and rent a chair. I saw that little dive shop at the end of the beach. I just sat down in a chair and paid the guy from the dive shop he walked up to me. 

Highlight of the day was the ocean and The Sunset Grille great food great lunch anyway, ice cold Stella's nice people best deal ever.

Certainly beats the cattle car convention down into Magens Bay and then when you finally get there it takes another 20 minutes minimum to get a beer. Sunset Grille best seat in the house. Magens Bay beach bar needs bulldozed out into Magens Bay and someone needs to put a restaurant and bar in that compliments Magens Bay. Not a ragtag dump with 2 losers floating around doing nothing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, St. Thomas is turning out to be an expensive day! For 3 adults, I estimate about $140 JUST for transportation from/to Crown Bay, 3 chairs and an umbrella.  That's not including food or drinks or tips. 

1 hour ago, kristap said:

Man, St. Thomas is turning out to be an expensive day! For 3 adults, I estimate about $140 JUST for transportation from/to Crown Bay, 3 chairs and an umbrella.  That's not including food or drinks or tips. 

Your math is correct. Do you plan on drinking and having lunch at the Sunset Grille??😳

There's no way whatsoever not to drink on St. Thomas especially on a beach Secret Harbor is no exception.

$5.50 a pop for Stella's. My lunch and bar tab came to $120+tip. 

Yes, it has gotten more expensive, but you can stop for snacks, food, drinks at a grocery store before getting in the taxi so you can save money instead of eating at a restaurant. You may want to bring a soft side cooler when you board the ship.

54 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Your math is correct. Do you plan on drinking and having lunch at the Sunset Grille??😳

There's no way whatsoever not to drink on St. Thomas especially on a beach Secret Harbor is no exception.

$5.50 a pop for Stella's. My lunch and bar tab came to $120+tip. 

OMG! Yeah, I'm gonna look for a tour instead... the "On your own" thing is not worth it IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Ms411 said:

you can stop for snacks, food, drinks at a grocery store before getting in the taxi so you can save money instead of eating at a restaurant.

Yeah, our ship doesn't get there until 12:30pm anyway, so I'll probably grab an early and large lunch, maybe take a can of Pringles with me, and just get a drink if I go to the beach at all...

Kristap, if you're docking at Crown Bay, Emerald Beach is much closer than Secret Harbor. If you're fairly active and can take the heat, you can walk there from Crown Bay, but most people take a taxi which usually takes a back road shortcut, but isn't good for walking because no sidewalk all the way, and there's a steep curve that will limit vehicles from seeing you.

The snorkeling isn't as plentiful or varied as Secret Harbor, but it's a pretty beach with no entry fee. Restaurant, chairs, etc for rent if you want.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kristap said:

OMG! Yeah, I'm gonna look for a tour instead... the "On your own" thing is not worth it IMHO.

Yeah, our ship doesn't get there until 12:30pm anyway, so I'll probably grab an early and large lunch, maybe take a can of Pringles with me, and just get a drink if I go to the beach at all...

If this is your first time on St. Thomas don't stay on the ship. At least go to Magens Bay and spend some time. You don't have to worry about spending any money at the bar or restaurant because you can't get anybody to wait on you.

If that's not doable go in town and mingle with everyone else. 

Don't stay on the ship, St. Thomas is not San Juan P.R.😁 St. Thomas is a place you want to get out and enjoy the island. Figure it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TTEllis said:

Don't stay on the ship, St. Thomas is not San Juan P.R.😁 St. Thomas is a place you want to get out and enjoy the island. Figure it out. 

Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't get off.  I just meant I might not go to the beach.  Seems like it's the beach that's expensive...

17 minutes ago, kristap said:

Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't get off.  I just meant I might not go to the beach.  Seems like it's the beach that's expensive...

Don't get stuck at Crown Bay either, at least go downtown and see what's up. 

If worse comes to worse you can walk in AH Riise buy you a bottle of something and make your own drinks. 

You got this.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention there's a small inflatable water park type thing a few steps down from Emerald Beach. I saw it on youtube. I'll see if I can find it again and post the link. Lots more to do at Emerald than Secret Harbor. 

On 7/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, Ms411 said:

Yes, it has gotten more expensive, but you can stop for snacks, food, drinks at a grocery store before getting in the taxi so you can save money instead of eating at a restaurant. You may want to bring a soft side cooler when you board the ship.

Yes packing a soft side cooler is KEY. I have one that holds exactly a 6-pack of 12oz. cans plus ice(I fill it up with ice in the World Fresh Marketplace at breakfast on the ship). Works great not only saves me money but it's a great piece of mind having my own drinks.

It's perfect, it's a little small but keeps drinks cold for hours and your not stopping at the bar every 15 minutes dropping a $10 bill for 1 beer. 

I can post a picture of it. The ice lasts 

normally in the range of about 3 hours you have to keep it zipped up though.  

After the last cruise and having a bit of an issue of finding something to drink much less trying to keep something cold. I'm not traveling without my own cooler. 

It's too hot I'm too old bringing my own cooler eliminates any worry especially when you're sitting in some form of a taxi or ferry for awhile.

Somebody in this specific forum😉😁 informed me there's a new grocery store at Havensight. Thank God, I'm happy for everyone, they're not only getting my business this will be my first stop off the ship in St. Thomas. 

THANK YOU!!

Last time on the island little was open and finding anything to drink much less something with alcohol in it was a bit dicey. I almost started to panic!!🤭

Never again same thing on Antigua, Dominica, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, and Grenada just for starters BMOB.

Just to eliminate any misunderstanding BMOB stands for Bring My Own Beverages. 

This by no means has anything to do with what I do when I find the beach bar. What it is it means while I'm on some form of transportation on any island in 95 degree heat I have something cold to drink and don't have to concern myself with it.

I have a couple of soft side and not so soft side over the shoulder coolers. I'll get you a pic or two.  I'll never get off the ship without one. 

12 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Can you post a picture of the cooler you have? How long before the ice melts?

Here you go chief, I had to go to my store room to get these, I had them with my luggage.

16902338814517619234674937282083.jpg

The one you want is the YELLOW ONE made by California Innovations. It has 2 separate compartments.  If you have something you want to stay cold but not get wet like power bars, CHOCOLATE, a couple pieces of fruit or a sandwich, it works great. 

Just don't fill it all up with beer and no ice😁, it doesn't work like that. I go about 60% whatever I happen to be drinking and 40% ice. Keep it zipped up (no pun intended) and it stays COLD lol all day. California Innovations. 

This is simply a suggestion, I would try and keep it around the 8-quart size.  

There's all kinds of options online. Soft sided insulated coolers have come a long way. Make your life much easier with less nonsense sitting in a tour bus dying of thirst or you want something to eat while your bus driver is blowing by grocery store's and One-Stops.