Does anyone else do this

cruisinmeme

I still have the NCL app on phone from last cruise. Now when my next cruise showed up on the app i get a real kick out of watching the days go by for this cruise. Every night at 1:01 (my time… which is 12:01 eastern time) i click on my app and watch the day change.  Sorta silly but it is the little things.  Also sometimes it is fun to click on the menu for a restaurant just to see if i might change my mind about what i might order. Yeah too much time on my hands.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

It’s exciting to have a trip to plan for and look forward to—I always feel half the joy of a vacation is the anticipation.  When is your trip?

Same here! Anticipation is half the joy!! 🙂

2 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

Also sometimes it is fun to click on the menu for a restaurant just to see if i might change my mind about what i might order. Yeah too much time on my hands.

I do this all the time! My husband is totally over it, and we still have 53 days until our trip. 😄

Totally, I always do this. Here in Australia, it’s happening at 3pm and I’ve figured by now that this is midnight Miami time. 

And I certainly don’t have lots of time on my hands but vacation trumps stupid work any time in my eyes so I do what my boss always asks me to do, I “prioritise” 😁

For us, imagining our upcoming vacation (and, while we’re at it, planning w dry ever so tiny detail…) and discussing it up and down is almost as important as the actual holiday itself. Likewise, basking in memories from past trips. As you

might have gathered, I’m not a big fan of my job (or my career but in your mid to late 40ies it’s getting a bit too late to make big changes without sanctifying your lifestyle) and those thoughts/talks is what gets me through.

• Like 2

We have 6 cruises coming up in 2023-2024. 
I set up my laptop so I can see the countdown to the next cruise …. When one comes up, it falls off the home screen. Makes me happy every day.

I look forward to cruising so much that we literally got home from a cruise this Sunday, unpacked, and I was on YouTube within an hour eyeballing cool things for our end of April Getaway cruise. 

Not only are not alone, I would suspect there are many more like you than not. It’s a lovely little addictive habit. 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I still have the NCL app on phone from last cruise. Now when my next cruise showed up on the app i get a real kick out of watching the days go by for this cruise. Every night at 1:01 (my time… which is 12:01 eastern time) i click on my app and watch the day change.  Sorta silly but it is the little things.  Also sometimes it is fun to click on the menu for a restaurant just to see if i might change my mind about what i might order. Yeah too much time on my hands.

I have no idea what you're talking about - lol

NCL count.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I still have the NCL app on phone from last cruise. Now when my next cruise showed up on the app i get a real kick out of watching the days go by for this cruise. Every night at 1:01 (my time… which is 12:01 eastern time) i click on my app and watch the day change.

I hadn't done this before (I'm usually not up that late!) but I tried it last night and my days to go didn't update, even after closing and refreshing the app. Now I'm worried about check-in.

7 hours ago, prov2727 said:

I do! I know when it rolls over to 100 the time starts flying. It's the stretch between 300 and 150 that lasts forever.

Really? We’re 26 right now and every single day feels like it’s going paaaaainfully slow… 🥲

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

It’s exciting to have a trip to plan for and look forward to—I always feel half the joy of a vacation is the anticipation.  When is your trip?

Not until march 3,2024 so i have a long time to watch my number to go down…..but the thrill is real

Edited by cruisinmeme
Put wrong date

7 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

I hadn't done this before (I'm usually not up that late!) but I tried it last night and my days to go didn't update, even after closing and refreshing the app. Now I'm worried about check-in.

Mine will not work unless i put my phone on Wi-Fi . In usually keep my phone on data cause it is faster. But i switch it to Wi-Fi and bam it works.

My wife and I have widgets on our phone that tell us how many days left before our cruises.  It shows on our home screen (without even unlocking it) and on our initial page.  Don't even have to open the NCL app.

9 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I have no idea what you're talking about - lol

NCL count.JPG

Were you being funny?  That 5 days to go will go down each day until time to cruise. Yeah now i see you put lol after your comment. You lucky dog!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nilbog said:

My wife and I have widgets on our phone that tell us how many days left before our cruises.  It shows on our home screen (without even unlocking it) and on our initial page.  Don't even have to open the NCL app.

What is this widget? I think I might need this.