Loud Drunk Guests Next Door

TrueCruiseaholic

On 3/21/2023 at 8:49 AM, TrueCruiseaholic said:

What would you do if your next door neighbors came back at 3 am and proceeded to have a get together with another couple for another two and a half hours? They were extremely loud and disruptive.

I don't want to antagonize them, because they could do this every night in retribution.

How did it go last night? Were they better??

17 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

It was quiet last night. Don't know if they were even in their room. Celebrity today was left outside all night. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Glad it improved for you!  Have a great cruise!

I know I reported this before but just over a year ago we were on the Equinox. Due to issues we were moved three times; started with standard verandah and ended up in Aqua class!!! But the second cabin was next to this couple who at midnight were having this screaming religious event cause all I kept hearing how each were getting closer to God ! 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

On 3/21/2023 at 8:06 AM, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I guess my question is does anyone have first hand experience of this happening? Was guest relations a successful solution to the problem in that first hand experience?

Does anyone with first hand experience have a solution that worked for you?

I agree that guest relations or the crew SHOULD be a solution.

yes similar issue one trip.  Guest relations sent security to the room & it did not happen again.  Never take matters into your own hands as you'll only be asking for problems.  Let the crew handle it....

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 6:07 AM, Gia2cats said:

I’d call Guest Services also. But I just might make a ton of noise at 7:30 am, when I awoke for the day.

I had this problem in a resort in Cabo MX when my kids where small, Besides calling front desk, I made sure they were awake when we were the next morning. 

On 3/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, jules815 said:

A few years ago we were sailing on a RC ship, I think it was Freedom of the Seas. I was standing out on our balcony and could smell someone smoking. Not sure if it was directly next to us or a couple away. It was daytime and the ship was moving. Just as I'm standing there noticing the smoke smell, I saw their butt get flicked off their balcony and it caught the wind and landed on a balcony a few decks below us. This is exactly what I'd heard would happen and I saw it with my own eyes. I went to security. Not sure if they were able to do anything though, because I couldn't be sure which balcony they were on.

So dangerous though. Seriously, if you're going to break the rules and smoke on your balcony (which you shouldn't do!) at least throw it in an empty pop can or something. Sorry for the thread hijack. whenever I hear of someone smoking on a balcony, I remember what I saw.

We had something similar happen on a cruise (without the butt flying back in).  Security came to our room and went onto the balcony with me and had me point to about where it was.  They started marking the cabins they thought it could be from.

We watched from the balcony as they went from one balcony to another checking.  After 2 or 3 they found the person (we could hear them talking) by seeing leftover butts, etc.  Never smelled smoke again.

Guest services is nice and polite and tries to please everyone.  Security makes people follow the rules and doesn't care one bit about their enjoyment or happiness.  In short - call security with issues, not guest services.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:06 AM, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I guess my question is does anyone have first hand experience of this happening? Was guest relations a successful solution to the problem in that first hand experience?

Does anyone with first hand experience have a solution that worked for you?

I agree that guest relations or the crew SHOULD be a solution.

Had that situation, called guest services, they sent Security and they were warned not to cause this problem again and if they did, they would be removed at the next port.  Quiet after that and they weren't unfriendly with us either.  Most likely didn't know who complained as it could have been up, down or beside them that reported it.

• Like 3

Pretty sure our eDocs has language about inappropriate and/or bothersome behavior.  Remember, the Captain is the Chief of Police/Judge/Jury when at sea.  We saw two guys get kicked off a cruise for bad behavior, especially after they had the nerve to question the Captain's authority.  It was classic! 

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

Pretty sure our eDocs has language about inappropriate and/or bothersome behavior.  Remember, the Captain is the Chief of Police/Judge/Jury when at sea.  We saw two guys get kicked off a cruise for bad behavior, especially after they had the nerve to question the Captain's authority.  It was classic! 

a "hey Captain, don't you know who I am" moment.....😄

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, Butterfly0822 said:

I listened in a little from our balcony and the funny part was that the smoker denied it was her and said she smelled smoke, too? The officer said, "Ma'am, I see the ashtray right here." 😂

My dad always says the only thing worse than a liar is a bad liar. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5