Looking for advice

jaxstatealum

Have been to Half Moon Cay. A lovely beach, water is wonderful. We were there on a HAL trip and they provided a good lunch, plenty of water sports and mostly just being lazy on the beach!

Thanks - my wants to know about shopping on either island...any input?

Not much shopping on Half Moon Cay. It's a private island so there is no "town" or anything. There are a few tiny shops set of but that's it. Half Moon Cay is just a beautiful beach with the softest sand I have ever walked on. since I've been there they've added some stuff like horseback riding and water slides, I think. This is the place to just go and relax.

Hi Jax,

I've been looking for information about this also, booked my cruise in May based on these two ports which are new for me. I did find this web site somewhere on here, www.grandturkcc.com that gives you some information about the new cruise port in Grand Turk, but have been trying to get some real experiences from people who have been there and not had much luck. Holland's Noordam stopped there last week, I think. I'd like to know if any of them went to Governor's beach or Gibbs Cay, but no one has answered yet. I don't think there is much shopping on either island. Half-Moon Cay is a private island beach day....supposed to be one of the better private islands out there. Good luck in your searching. Maybe once Carnival starts going there regularly, someone will post some info on Grand Turk...................Happy sails...............

Thanks everybody - it sounds like I just need to plan on enjoying the sand that day and let her do her shopping at Nassau.

Speaking of Nassau - we've never been there either - is that a good place to walk around and shop? In my mind I see it something similar to Cozumel - am I way off?

Thanks again!!!!!

No problem :)

Still wondering what folks have to say about Nassau... My wife wants to do the sting ray thing (we did one at Grand Cayman) but not sure whether to do the excursion at Nassau (4.5 hours) or Grand Turk (2.0 hours)...

The thing is she really wants to go to the Straw Market while in Nassau - heck I don't even know what that is...:confused:

No problem :)

The thing is she really wants to go to the Straw Market while in Nassau - heck I don't even know what that is...:confused:

I can't help you with the Nassau excursions... We did go to the straw market. Do you like going craft or clothes shopping with your wife (for her clothes?) - not that they have clothes there, but that is the feeling I had the entire time. Like, "are we DONE YET??"

Perhaps you will enjoy it, I am sure many do (must?) ! :D

Tom

Archived