Reef friendly sun screen?

PrincessArlena'sDad

My family likes ThinkSport sunscreen (reef safe but also zinc). I use Juice Beauty on my face because I have sensitive skin and that is the only brand that doesn't irritate it. Two of us in my family burn really easily, so I also like to use SPF protective swimwear (like Coolibar long-sleeved rash guards and/or swim leggings) while in the water and hats (my personal fav is from Sunday Afternoons) while on shore. I also have a small Coolibar umbrella and will use that if I'm going to be stationary in the sun for a while. It was a lifesaver at Disney in August!!

Caribbean sun is no joke. My oldest burned badly the first day of our cruise last year, after applying sunscreen and being out on the inflatables for 2 hours in the morning sun (10am-12pm). I tried to get the kids' attention after an hour to reapply but they didn't see me. My younger has olive skin and was just a bit pink, but my oldest was in pain. We had to buy aloe on our way back to the ship, they skipped out of dinner early to take a cool shower and apply the aloe, and then couldn't go back in the sun during the next two port stops. I felt terrible for them!

• Thanks 1