'Bufrenee

Bufrenee

As a widower,I will be going on my first cruise on Insignia as a Solo traveller, have other solo travellers had any experience in booking and eating at the Speciality Restaurants? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

If you are on the cruise to Bermuda on Sept 13, join the roll call!

The ship will have at least one dinner for all the solos on board.

In the MDR, they will ask if you would like to share with other people.

I don't know...but I wonder if a solo is asked if they would like to share when booking specialities.

I just did a solo on the Sirena and I had requested sharing tables for all of my reservations made ahead of time. There was only one glitch and that was the first booked one. They had moved me to 6:00 but when I showed up they said they could not put me with others until 6:30 so I just went to the library and waited as I did not want to eat alone. On the other hand the 2 nights I went to the MDR I requested a table by myself as I was tired and just wanted to read. They will work with you however you wish. Have a great cruise. Julia

• Like 4

READ your Currents each night, the daily newspaper. It will have a listing of all the events for the next day. On both Riviera (12/2021) and Sirena (11/2022) there were many "Solo get togethers" hosted by the CD. Thinking in the late afternoon or early evening.

• Like 1