Departing this weekend? Port of Miami area will be super busy March 24-26

Sigyn

Carnival has issued a warning to passengers that this weekend will be insanely busy in Miami due to the Ultra Music Festival from March 24-26. TheStreet pointed out in its article that Royal Caribbean, Virgin, MSC and other cruise lines should have issued the same alert to their passengers. 

Here's the key info from TheStreet: https://www.thestreet.com/travel/carnival-cruise-line-issues-warning-for-passengers?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

“While you prepare for your cruise, we’d like to inform you that the City of Miami will be hosting Ultra Music Festival in the downtown area from Friday, March 24 through Sunday, March 26, 2023. As a result, there will be numerous street closures and heavier than normal traffic in and around the city,” the cruise line shared in an email to passengers on ships sailing from Miami on those dates.

That means that hotel shuttles could be overwhelmed with more passengers needing that service. In addition, ride-sharing services Uber and Lyft will be both busy and have higher-than-usual prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am sailing out of Port Miami tomorrow. I received an e-mail from RCI yesterday stating to allow more time to travel to the port due to the expected traffic on Friday. 

that's good they're sending out the info. I don't arrive until March 31, so it will be long over by then. 

3 minutes ago, njsmom said:

that's good they're sending out the info. I don't arrive until March 31, so it will be long over by then. 

I hope you are right!  We will be returning on that date. Leaving on Monday the 27th, and I am a little worried. We will spend the night before in a hotel in Weston, well away from Miami and leave earlier than usual to get to the parking garage on the 27th.