Progreso/Cozumel out out of New Orleans?

NoMadSean

This looks a like really cool trip. We've never been to New Orleans. I've been to Cozumel and Playa. I'm a big fan of that area, and I know Progreso is fairly new to the cruise game. Compared to our Wish cruise, it seems VERY affordable. From what I am reading, even the though  the Magic is much smaller, people love the boat. Thoughts?

NOLA native here. It is a super fun city but be aware that the sailings from New Orleans are all around Mardi Gras. Make sure you consider hotel prices for before/after your cruise in town as they can be expensive. A Disney cruise to me is more about experiencing all the things on the ship and not as much about the ports. You are paying a significant premium over any other cruise line for the ship. I haven't sailed on the Magic but did the Wonder, the sister ship and we loved it. Plenty of activities and you would never know that the ship is 25 years old. Everything was in tip top shape.
the February 9 - 16, 2024 Friday - Friday cruise is targeted to NOLA locals as the schools are out that week.

45 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

NOLA native here. It is a super fun city but be aware that the sailings from New Orleans are all around Mardi Gras. Make sure you consider hotel prices for before/after your cruise in town as they can be expensive. A Disney cruise to me is more about experiencing all the things on the ship and not as much about the ports. You are paying a significant premium over any other cruise line for the ship. I haven't sailed on the Magic but did the Wonder, the sister ship and we loved it. Plenty of activities and you would never know that the ship is 25 years old. Everything was in tip top shape.
the February 9 - 16, 2024 Friday - Friday cruise is targeted to NOLA locals as the schools are out that week.

The cruises that could work for us are the next week - Feb 16-21 or Feb 21-26. It will depend of how school vacation falls. We would only be looking to do 2 extra days in NOLA, most likely on the front end. Are hotel price still higher past Mardi Gras?

On 3/23/2023 at 2:21 PM, NoMadSean said:

The cruises that could work for us are the next week - Feb 16-21 or Feb 21-26. It will depend of how school vacation falls. We would only be looking to do 2 extra days in NOLA, most likely on the front end. Are hotel price still higher past Mardi Gras?

You will be fine if your dates are after Mardi Gras. The city goes back to New Orleans "normal" after Ash Wednesday. 

• 3 weeks later...

We just did NOLA to Cozumel on the Magic last week (our city has late Spring Break - the week after Easter). We loved it! The Magic was delightful. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Edited by shorebird1256