NCL ferry form Dockyard to St. George

penguinfrog

Will be heading to Bermuda shortly on the Prima.  Had heard that NCL offers a ferry shuttle to St. George from the Dockyard. Is that true? I hope so since the Bermuda ferry service from Dockyard to St. George doesn't start for another week.  Would appreciate any info you may have.

2 hours ago, penguinfrog said:

Will be heading to Bermuda shortly on the Prima.  Had heard that NCL offers a ferry shuttle to St. George from the Dockyard. Is that true? I hope so since the Bermuda ferry service from Dockyard to St. George doesn't start for another week.  Would appreciate any info you may have.

Yes it is true. NCL runs a free ferry for NCL passengers to St. George’s from the Dockyard. They will give you schedule info onboard. 

21 minutes ago, All4Fun. said:

It does not appear that the NCL ferry has arrived at the Dockyard for the 2023 season as of yet. My guess it starts running early April.

No it's been there and operating all winter whenever there's been an NCL cruise in port...which hasn't been that often as many  were cancelled due to high wind conditions.

It was running today as scheduled with the Norwegian Gem being in port.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, All4Fun. said:

See the attached link to port webcam. You will be able to see it docked on the inside of the first dock,Heritage Wharf I think.

No, it's currently docked in St. George, which is its normal docking location when no ship is in port.

There are no ships or boats of any type currently docked at Heritage Wharf.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

Just now, njhorseman said:

No, it's currently docked in St. George, which is its normal docking location when no ship is in port.

Here is a screenshot from MarineTraffic a few minutes ago showing that what you say is true. Docked in St. George. 

2D1B619E-36D1-464A-BB61-B05C8A8B7757.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 9:12 PM, njhorseman said:

No it's been there and operating all winter whenever there's been an NCL cruise in port...which hasn't been that often as many  were cancelled due to high wind conditions.

It was running today as scheduled with the Norwegian Gem being in port.

I will be back to Bermuda in january 2024...finally

I understand that the Bermuda ferry to St-Georges is not in service in winter, correct ?

Does the ferry to Hamilton work in winter ?

In any case, there is now a NCL ferry ( I didn't know that ) and it would be active when we dock in Bermuda ?

First time to Bermuda for my kids and we only have a 7h long stay, so being efficient will be the key ! 

37 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

I will be back to Bermuda in january 2024...finally

I understand that the Bermuda ferry to St-Georges is not in service in winter, correct ?

Does the ferry to Hamilton work in winter ?

In any case, there is now a NCL ferry ( I didn't know that ) and it would be active when we dock in Bermuda ?

First time to Bermuda for my kids and we only have a 7h long stay, so being efficient will be the key ! 

The Bermuda public ferry from Dockyard to St. George's doesn’t operate in the winter. The Bermuda public ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton operates year round but less frequently in winter than in summer.

Assuming nothing changes next year the NCL ferry to St. George's should be operating when you're in port.

23 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The Bermuda public ferry from Dockyard to St. George's doesn’t operate in the winter. The Bermuda public ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton operates year round but less frequently in winter than in summer.

Assuming nothing changes next year the NCL ferry to St. George's should be operating when you're in port.

Thank you !

• 9 months later...
25 minutes ago, konomama said:

Arriving on the NCL Joy on May 1st. Not sure if the orange ferry will be up and running.

Is the NCL free ferry/tender from Dockyard to St-George still offered?

Anyone used it in 2024? 

NCL is still running their free ferry to St. George from the Dockyard. . It ran this past Sunday, February 18, 2024.. I saw it on the Bermuda Port Webcam. 

• Like 1