Have no fear, future Breakaway cruisers

LincolnLog

I just wanted to check in for a minute to put some people's fears to rest. We're on the Breakaway now and NONE of the recent complaints I've read about on here have been an issue for us. No bar lines 15 people deep, no rude staff members, in fact even the staffing shortage hasn't been noticeable. Maybe we're just easy going, maybe the complainers are the type who look for things to complain about, maybe a mix of both...but we're having a blast and it's one of our favorite cruises we've ever done. (Full disclosure: that could partly be due to the fact that we left the kids at home for this one 😆) But I was a little worried after reading some of the things on here so I just wanted to offer some words of encouragement to anyone who felt the same. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

I truly hope you enjoy your cruises.  Breakaway is my favourite mega ship, I'll qualify that by saying I've only cruised on 3 mega ships, Epic, Breakaway and Joy.  Breakaway, for me, had wonderful staff across the board, lovely entertainment and great space and cabin (balcony).  Smile and they will smile back, always worked for me.  

Enjoy, make your own happiness.  

Cheers, 

Connie

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

I just wanted to check in for a minute to put some people's fears to rest. We're on the Breakaway now and NONE of the recent complaints I've read about on here have been an issue for us. No bar lines 15 people deep, no rude staff members, in fact even the staffing shortage hasn't been noticeable. Maybe we're just easy going, maybe the complainers are the type who look for things to complain about, maybe a mix of both...but we're having a blast and it's one of our favorite cruises we've ever done. (Full disclosure: that could partly be due to the fact that we left the kids at home for this one 😆) But I was a little worried after reading some of the things on here so I just wanted to offer some words of encouragement to anyone who felt the same. 

Thank You! I am trying to find out if you need to reserve shows at Headliners for the comedians, or is it first come first served. Also how was embarkation in New Orleans?

They do book reservations for the comedy shows but by the time we remembered to do it there were none available. However we got into both shows so far by waiting in the standby line for about 15 minutes ahead of time. 

We decided to avoid the rush for embarkation so we didn't show up to the port until 1:30 and at that point we breezed right through. I'd say 15-20 minutes from curb to ship. 

14 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

This was our experience too when we cruised in February with a full ship.  It was our second time cruising the Breakaway and we had a blast on both trips.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

They do book reservations for the comedy shows but by the time we remembered to do it there were none available. However we got into both shows so far by waiting in the standby line for about 15 minutes ahead of time. 

We decided to avoid the rush for embarkation so we didn't show up to the port until 1:30 and at that point we breezed right through. I'd say 15-20 minutes from curb to ship. 

Do you happen know if you need to book the comedians at Headliners or at the box office.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, LincolnLog said:

Thank you for posting this. I just read a very negative review about the food quality and also the feedback about cabin cleaning cutbacks and was almost regretting my upcoming TA!

On 3/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, LincolnLog said:

Thanks so much for your views on the Breakaway.

We've been on the Brekaway 3 times and always enjoyed this ship. Since it has been three years since our last cruise, your sentiments are great news.😀

One question....what dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day?

We were on the same cruise (debarked on sunday 3/26). I completely agree with you!! Was it busy, yes but the crew, food, drinks and entertainment was all great!! Constantly saw people cleaning with smiles on there faces. I also agree that I think that people just try and find things to complain about and just never seem happy. 

Okay one thing is the coffee~ Yes I know there is a Starbucks on board and yes I paid for some coffee but they really should look into changing their free coffee ......its bad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Healthmark said:

Thanks so much for your views on the Breakaway.

We've been on the Brekaway 3 times and always enjoyed this ship. Since it has been three years since our last cruise, your sentiments are great news.😀

One question....what dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day?

Yes we ate at Savor on embarkation day. It was good!

8 hours ago, jessMN74 said:

We were on the same cruise (debarked on sunday 3/26). I completely agree with you!! Was it busy, yes but the crew, food, drinks and entertainment was all great!! Constantly saw people cleaning with smiles on there faces. I also agree that I think that people just try and find things to complain about and just never seem happy. 

Okay one thing is the coffee~ Yes I know there is a Starbucks on board and yes I paid for some coffee but they really should look into changing their free coffee ......its bad. 

Oh my gosh I forgot all about that. You are so right! It’s always been kind of mediocre but it did seem especially bad this time. I still choked down a couple of cups with breakfast but did not enjoy it much 😆

Also I wrote my original post about midway through the cruise so I should add that I did feel the crowd on the last sea day around the pools. It didn’t really affect us because we have a pool at home so we tend to skip the pool deck on cruise ships. But it was NUTS out there. There did seem to be some waiting for drinks at those bars. 

Edited by LincolnLog
  • Like 1

Oh and one more thing I wanted to add. I was blown away by Burn the Floor! I’m not a huge fan of singing/dancing shows, I prefer the ones that are story based. But this show was outstanding. The performers are so talented and athletic, and the band was amazing too! 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this encouragement. Thanks!

I do have one question about the cabin. Is there a plug or USB port near the tiny nightstand, for charging our cells? If so how many (both sides, one in the middle, etc.). 🙂

We were on the BA in December and again in late February.  December the crew were polite but all seemed very unhappy, overworked and the officers were not very visible.  Services were fine but food quality was not what it had been.

I February there had been a change in Captains and the ship had an entirely different feel.  Happy crew, officers were everywhere trying to help cruisers and just chat. Food quality was much improved and life was good.  My only complaint was the very long lines at the bars.  At one time my husband returned from the bar run and said he had waited twenty minutes for our drinks.  The bars on deck 8 had developed two lines to help reduce wait time.  One was strictly for beer and wine, the other for mixed drinks.   

part of the issue was a full ship and we had two days where the upper decks were closed due to high winds.  That caused the closure of bars up there and forced people to lower decks.   It would have been helpful if they had opened additional bars to spread out the crowd but that didn’t happen.  

we have had many cruises and long wait times for a drink was way down on our list of things that could go wrong.  Lovely cruise and crew.  If you can take a deep breath and go with the flow, you’ll be fine.

enjoy your cruise.

MB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

Oh and one more thing I wanted to add. I was blown away by Burn the Floor! I’m not a huge fan of singing/dancing shows, I prefer the ones that are story based. But this show was outstanding. The performers are so talented and athletic, and the band was amazing too! 

Yes, it was really good!! Now Six on the other hand, I really debated on leaving, but I didn't. We were al bored.

2 hours ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks so much for this encouragement. Thanks!

I do have one question about the cabin. Is there a plug or USB port near the tiny nightstand, for charging our cells? If so how many (both sides, one in the middle, etc.). 🙂

No, unfortunately there isn’t. The newer ships have those but this one does not. You’ll have to use the outlet on the desk, or what we did was bring a couple of those small portable chargers and kept them on the nightstands. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jessMN74 said:

Yes, it was really good!! Now Six on the other hand, I really debated on leaving, but I didn't. We were al bored.

Oh boy are you right again. We had seen it on the Bliss last year but I didn’t remember much about it so decided to give it another chance. The performers are definitely talented, but oof. It’s very drawn out and repetitive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jessMN74 said:

Is it possible to see Burn The Floor at 7:30 then make it to Headliners by the 9:00 show?