Donating Future Cruise Credit

JSR

Does anyone know if there is a method to donate FCC to a 501C charity and if so would you share the information? 

sorry no individual donations 😂😂😂

seriously, thanks for the help. 

• Haha 1

I would look to find a charity that is doing an type of auction near your home. Donate the cruise credits to the 501c and the winner of the auction transfer the credits to them on behalf of the charity then have them give you a receipt of the donation of the auction price that was won.

Or better yet, you do the auction yourself with say a group of friends, and then donate any money received for your FCC to any charity of your choice for the value you received for the credits.

Edited by binro01

@binro01 I didn’t know you could just transfer FCC. I thought only the person it was issued to could use it, is this incorrect?

I was hoping Celebrity had some seamless and simple path to donation. Maybe to make a wish foundation or some such charity. 

1 hour ago, JSR said:

@binro01 I didn’t know you could just transfer FCC. I thought only the person it was issued to could use it, is this incorrect?

I was hoping Celebrity had some seamless and simple path to donation. Maybe to make a wish foundation or some such charity. 

You might be right. I think I might be confusing with my NCL credits or a Next Cruise Certificate which I once transferred.

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You will need to reach out to X in writing to find out if this is not in contravention of the T & C's of the FCC...

bon voyage

If you have an email that you think might be a starting point would you please share it? 
Thanks. 

Back in April of last year, Royal Caribbean began offering the option to do a one-time transfer of FCCs.  Whether that translates to X doing it as well or if they are currently still allowing it is unclear.  It wasn't widely publicized.  Best bet is to call to see what can be done. 

Both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity had a mess of work with all the FCCs over Covid and it's left a bad taste in their mouths which is why they are trying to avoid issuing FCCs.  That's partially why they modified the non-refundable deposit policy to only allow changes instead of offering FCC that can be used at a later date.

11 minutes ago, JSR said:

If you have an email that you think might be a starting point would you please share it? 
Thanks. 

I would start with: CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

After a week or so if no response, then: jennifermorales@celebrity.com

I Am sure others will chime in on this as well...

bon voyage

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We had a number of cruises cancelled due to the pandemic (a familiar story to so many of us).  Is my memory correct — I think that I remember that they were non-transferable.

They are under certain circumstances.

We had two (2) FCC's given to us for a previous sailing.

If the policy is still the same, I cannot say.

Worth checking out to be certain as policies are ever evolving in the current environment.

bon voyage

@Bo1953 and @NorthStarStateCruiser Thank you both this is very helpful. I will pursue it. This is all FCC from pandemic cancelled cruises. We are back to cruising just our style has changed and we do not find ourselves cruising Celebrity at this time. I figure if I can donate the FCC, then I will not feel the pressure of it going away. Of course, the minute I do I will want to take a Celebrity cruise. LOL

• Thanks 1