Halfmoon Cays and Grand Turk

suddadw

i am cruising with my family including kids: 7,7,and 10. are there any concerns I should be worried about in these ports? Are there beaches that are accessable without taking an excuraion? Any must sees?:)

i am cruising with my family including kids: 7,7,and 10. are there any concerns I should be worried about in these ports? Are there beaches that are accessable without taking an excuraion? Any must sees?:)

As said before Half Moon Caye is just a beach. And a very nice one at that. You will get to know more about this island on your cruise but it is really a nice beach.

My suggestion would be to get at least one clamshell per 2 people. It's a really nice way to have a place to lay your crap while you play. As well it can be a great blocker of sun for much of the day. And of course it is WAY cheaper than the over priced Cabanas.

We planned nothing for HMC except for fun beach day. And that is what we had! Don't plan on good food there though. I would suggest eating a larger than normal breakfast on the ship and then just holding off until you tender back. The BBQ was less than stellar and the lines were too long. I was there just day before yesterday.

Smooth Seas...

We planned nothing for HMC except for fun beach day. And that is what we had! Don't plan on good food there though. I would suggest eating a larger than normal breakfast on the ship and then just holding off until you tender back. The BBQ was less than stellar and the lines were too long. I was there just day before yesterday.

Smooth Seas...

I read they had water slides or something similar (built Nov 05)...can you elaborate?

Thanks!

I read they had water slides or something similar (built Nov 05)...can you elaborate?

Thanks!

Imagine the kiddie section at any water park. It doesn't "make" HMC but it does add just another little touch. It was more geared toward the kids crowd though.

I am so excited!! I booked a cruise yesterday on the Sensation and it will be going to Grand Turk. But I just found out today that there is a new Margaritaville there!! So for all you Parrotheads out there, I just thought I would pass this on...

I noticed on the map that Governor's Beach is about 1/2 mile from cruise terminal. The ship want's about $240 to take my family of 5 there and bring us back. Has anyone walked there? I did not know if there was something preventing people from just walking, if it is unsafe or what the situation is.

Imagine the kiddie section at any water park. It doesn't "make" HMC but it does add just another little touch. It was more geared toward the kids crowd though.

Would you say for little kids like 3-5, or for a bit older, say 8-9?

hey, quick question!! are either of these ports tenders. I have booked a cruise for November so I know that hurricane season could destroy ( Hopefully not and not just for my cruise either) any docks but I was wondering what the existing conditions were. THANKS

I am so excited!! I booked a cruise yesterday on the Sensation and it will be going to Grand Turk. But I just found out today that there is a new Margaritaville there!! So for all you Parrotheads out there, I just thought I would pass this on...

That's Fantastic!

Espeically since I didn't get tickets for Buffets Charlotte concert.

I noticed on the map that Governor's Beach is about 1/2 mile from cruise terminal. The ship want's about $240 to take my family of 5 there and bring us back. Has anyone walked there? I did not know if there was something preventing people from just walking, if it is unsafe or what the situation is.

Get a cab and go on your own.

hey, quick question!! are either of these ports tenders. I have booked a cruise for November so I know that hurricane season could destroy ( Hopefully not and not just for my cruise either) any docks but I was wondering what the existing conditions were. THANKS

HMC is a tender stop, unless somthing has changed recently.

I am carrying a 12 yr and 16 yr old on the Sensation (now the Fantasy) on Apr 10. I do not know what to do with them in these ports. Am trying to decide whether to sign up from ship or walk to Govenor's beach. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks a bunch.:)

GT is renowned for its snorkeling/diving.

You may want to look into the power/snorkel trip. (my wife's taking that w/ her friend and 2 12 year old boys.

My 14 year old is going fishing, and my 21 year old and myself are going diving.

We are also on the 4/10 FANTASY.

See you on board!

5 days and counting........:D :D

i hear GT has some whale watching in certain seasons? i can't find any info on it. does anyone have any idea on when the best time to whale watch is? or any informative link?

TIA!

Archived