Formal night and white hot party on Breakaway

dpemd

I’m sailing on the Breakaway next week. Is there an offical formal night? What do people wear? What do people wear for the white hot party? Which nights do they have these events on a seven night cruise? TIA

There are no formal nights on NCL ships.  You are free to dress up as much as you like any night.  People where anything white to the white party.  Its not formal dress, it can be a white T shirt or shorts.  But then again people show up at the white party not dressed in white too.   Those who recently sailed Breakaway can tell you when the white party is.  Its usually the night before the last night at sea.  

• Like 1

I don't think it is called a White Hot Party  anymore.  I think it is called the Glow Party.  Neon is the color of choice but not necessary.

No formal nights anymore.  Not sure if the Captain is available the evening of the 1st Sea Day for pictures in the Atrium.  People sometimes dress for that.  The ONLY time, you will see people really dressed up is Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dpemd said:

I’m sailing on the Breakaway next week. Is there an offical formal night? What do people wear? What do people wear for the white hot party? Which nights do they have these events on a seven night cruise? TIA

NCL embraces Freestyle cruising and there are no formal nights. There are Dress-up or Not, mostly on sea days. Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue where gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine). Most people are in resort casual attire. Gents in polo shirts, ladies in sun dresses. But there are a lot of shorts and t-shirts too.

image.thumb.png.892213ef7dadc1b67ace2867317738a8.png 

The "White Hot" party was discontinued many years ago. The "Glow" party replaces it on the Breakaway. People wear whatever they wore to dinner. Come early if you want glow sticks. 

Breakaway 2022

image.png.2816d9c3b6f500023a6a0b0809a3a4cc.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1