How tough is Royal enforcing their incipit patronizing "clean your plate" policy?

On 3/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, fla33023 said:

We had the opposite on Freedom last week and had to ask our waiter to stop bringing food! He said that because the menu changes daily, he wanted us to try everything. While I was eating my steak and my husband the fish, the waiter brought over the fried chicken special. We ordered the salad and crab cake for apps and he also brought the spinach dip and the shrimp cocktail! Too much! But he was the best waiter we ever had.

Smart employee!  He’s prob top tier as to bonus tips In cash on board

10 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

There is no "different" complimentary restaurant. The fact MDR is a "3-course" restaurant is irrelevant. I'm not asking for some kind of customized serving order...just bringing out more than one appetizer or entre at a time if a passenger wants to eat them both at once...a perfectly reasonable request that was not problematic at all until very recently. 

It definitely does sound a bit confusing as you do not seem like the typical MDR cruiser. Most people who choose to attend MDR are doing so for at least some version of the 'experience '.. Not the ' give me my food as fast I can eat it and get the heck outta here' .! Seems instead maybe you are the one seeking out something to complain about. 

Just my 'reasonable'observation

Cheers

• Like 3

I'm in the middle here, the OP is taking liberty with the "clean your plate" comment, but also states that he would simply like to use the MDR for the experience, (not have to go to the buffet), and have both platters at once.  It is a very reasonable request.  Simply asking one's server to quickly provide the second platter seems to be a reasonable answer.  Why folks gotta be snarky, well here we are anyway. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Typical CC thread:

1.  OP makes claims that imaginary worst-case scenario is happening all over based on "reports"

2.  Numerous people in thread tell OP that worst-case scenario is, in fact, not happening

3.  OP doubles down

4.  Hilarity and/or eye-rolling ensue

5. Popcorn is burnt. 😢

7 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

I'm in the middle here, the OP is taking liberty with the "clean your plate" comment, but also states that he would simply like to use the MDR for the experience, (not have to go to the buffet), and have both platters at once.  It is a very reasonable request.  Simply asking one's server to quickly provide the second platter seems to be a reasonable answer.  Why folks gotta be snarky, well here we are anyway. 

I think people are answering snark with snark.  And if you don't think the title, much less the OP isn't loaded with snark, I'm not sure what to tell you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 4:24 PM, Tlbecker1 said:

Good point.  I only started reading CC after 20 years of cruising.🙃

On 3/27/2023 at 7:58 AM, poocher said:

And the majority of cruisers do not post on CC.  This is a very small sample and not everyone is reporting this issue.  There are some who have gotten their meals as requested.  I choose not to get wound up about it until and unless it actually affects my dining experience on my next cruise in May.  

Even with 26+ years of CC numbers on here not many been around since start. I joined original version of Cruise Critic in 1997. When we were required to make new accts in 2000 I was Deployed. After coming back 6months later when I finally did it in July I was CC Member #306. There was a page on here that listed all Members in order but not sure it exists on here anymore... First 15 yrs on CC I had less then 20 posts, was just a reader and had more Cruises then posts...

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 3/26/2023 at 6:31 PM, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I eat quick. I like to get two entres, hit it and split it. No appetizer or desert nonsense. Keep that bread basket away from me. 

I'm really not looking forward to having to get into some back and forth if I'm told I can only get one entre after another. And what if I don't "sufficiently" clean the plate? Am I then forbad from from dining further? 

This entire policy seriously is the stupidest most obnoxious way they could tackle the food waste problem.  

“If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!”