Port of call does not show our shipped scheduled

bobolz

out of curiosity……..So I was checking our upcoming ports to verify whether they were anchored  or docked and found that only one port did not show the Dawn on their port schedule ( cruise is scheduled to be in Cobh in less than 60 days)  . What’s interesting is that it looks like the Cobh cruise port   has no cruises scheduled to dock  between May 17 to mid June. Seems like something is happening at this port during that period. Curious if anyone else has ever experienced a similar situation and should I assume with 2 months to go, most likely we aren’t stopping in Cobh? 
I guess I’ll wait for SS to confirm one way or the other. 

I couldn't find our ship on the schedule in Singapore, for our scheduled arrival there earlier this month. But we ended up disembarking there anyway. 🙂

I've found that port schedules are pretty good but (like everything else), not perfectly reliable.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bobolz said:

So I was checking our upcoming ports to verify whether they were anchored  or docked and found that only one port did not show the Dawn on their port schedule ( cruise is scheduled to be in Cobh in less than 60 days)  . What’s interesting is that it looks like the Cobh cruise port   has no cruises scheduled to dock  between May 17 to mid June.

bobolz, we will be on the Dawn for this sailing and your post struck my curiosity.  Cruisemapper shows us on the schedule 20 May in Cobh.  What source were you checking that indicated there would be no ships on the port schedule?

image.thumb.png.104644c94cc9f3f253bd2ea5336bd5b1.png 

10 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

bobolz, we will be on the Dawn for this sailing and your post struck my curiosity.  Cruisemapper shows us on the schedule 20 May in Cobh.  What source were you checking that indicated there would be no ships on the port schedule?

image.thumb.png.104644c94cc9f3f253bd2ea5336bd5b1.png 

Cruzin - glad to see others are also on this cruise

si I went directly to the webpage for the port and you can get there using this webpage as well https://www.whatsinport.com/ and you select the country you are traveling to and it will provide you the links to the ports website page with the cruise ship schedule( if there are any, some of them default to a 3rd party site like cruisemapper which I’m not sure how often it’s updated/maintained) https://www.whatsinport.com/Cobh-Cork.htm 

as of yesterday, there was nothing scheduled between May 17 to mid June  https://www.portofcork.ie/cruise-schedule-2023/. However, now there are scheduled cruises almost every day, but our ship is not one of them. There is a Norwegian Dawn for the 22nd of May, but not a Silversea Dawn and there is nothing scheduled for May 20th which is the day we are due to arrive. Let me know if you see the same thing using these links I’ve provided. 

Edited by bobolz

13 hours ago, bobolz said:

Let me know if you see the same thing using these links I’ve provided.

I looked at the Port of Cork's website you provided this morning and you are correct - our ship is not listed, so Cruisemapper's info is not up to date.   I wonder though, if we are not scheduled to dock,  can we still anchor off the port?  According to Silversea's schedule, the Shadow will be in Cork July 22 and it is listed on the Port's schedule, however the Dawn will be in Cork on August 30 and once again, it is not on the Port's schedule. 

I have a catalog of 2023 Silversea Worldwide Voyages that was produced a couple of years ago and know the Dawn was originally supposed to sail from Southampton - Copenhagen on May 17.  At the time, our UK circumnavigation itinerary didn't exist.  Last spring, Silversea changed up the Dawn's schedule a bit to eliminate voyages that called on the eastern Baltic countries and St. Petersburg.  They came up with the UK circumnavigation itinerary shortly before we booked it in July 2022.  I wonder how far in advance do ships need to gain port docking privileges?     

Id also worked out which cruise it must have been and thought I'd be able to locate it using cruise mapper as well, as its such a useful tool and easy to navigate, but too found its a no show.

Hopefully someone didn't delete it in the data breach! 🤣

28 minutes ago, les37b said:

Hopefully someone didn't delete it in the data breach

Not looking forward to sailing aimlessly around the Celtic Sea.  We already have a sea day ahead of Cobh.  We haven't received any word the port stop was eliminated so I'm hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Not looking forward to sailing aimlessly around the Celtic Sea.  We already have a sea day ahead of Cobh.  We haven't received any word the port stop was eliminated so I'm hoping for the best.

Genuinely I think it’ll be fine.

• Like 1

I agree, Im hoping it’s just a temporary glitch and we will end up docking there , but it does seem odd that’s the only stop that we are not reflected  on their port schedule. I’m hoping we are not anchored there because this cruise has too many anchor ports already including major ports of call like Dublin ( anchoring at Dun loaghaire), Edinburgh (anchoring at Newhaven vs docking at Leith). I’m not a big fan of tender ports, it just makes it less convenient to go back into town to explore further…. Having to wait for the next tender and for others to embark/disembark. 

I do hope that the system is back up soon and our data has not been lost . I didn’t print our itinerary or restaurant reservations. (Hopefully my mom printed hers) We were not planning on doing formal nights so want to make sure our reservations at La Terraza are still intact. 

here’s hoping all goes as planned! This cruise will not be here soon enough for me! 

Edited by bobolz
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobolz said:

I do hope that the system is back up soon and our data has not been lost

We have been able to access my.silversea for most of the day and all activities (reserved excursions, restaurants, spa, etc) are still there.  I was not aware there were so many anchor ports.  As long as the seas remain calm enough for the tenders to operate, we can deal with it.  I agree though, when the ship is docked, its much more convenient. 

Thanks Cruzin I just checked MySS and everything appears back to normal. Looks like they ticketed our air since I checked the document link and there is a downloadable file there. I’ll open  it when I’m on my computer to print it out.  If our flight that was booked through SS goes as scheduled,  I’ll be quite satisfied with that aspect  of the booking process . 

So the anchored ports appear to total at least 4 and include the 2 I mentioned earlier and Ullapool and Isle of Man , assuming the others are docked . Guess will see when we board. Safe travels to you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1