Bacardi Tour

shari1737

Hi everyone!

For those that have taken the Bacardi Tour, how did you get there from the cruise port?  I have read there is a ferry but once you get across the water, there are no taxis to take you there and it is 2 miles.  Just trying to plan ahead so we know what to expect.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, shari1737 said:

Hi everyone!

For those that have taken the Bacardi Tour, how did you get there from the cruise port?  I have read there is a ferry but once you get across the water, there are no taxis to take you there and it is 2 miles.  Just trying to plan ahead so we know what to expect.

Thanks!

We did it awhile ago, but we took a bus.  On the way back to the port I believe we used an uber.  

We just did the tour a couple weeks ago. We took an Uber to the Bacardi facility. After our tour was done, we took an Uber to the ferry port and took the ferry over to Old San Juan for $.75. Cool ride over.

If you cruise out of the same port we did, there's not an easy way to get to ferry from there. You could take an Uber to Old San Juan and take the ferry from there, or simply Uber directly to the facility.

7 minutes ago, ThewTheMaster said:

We just did the tour a couple weeks ago. We took an Uber to the Bacardi facility. After our tour was done, we took an Uber to the ferry port and took the ferry over to Old San Juan for $.75. Cool ride over.

If you cruise out of the same port we did, there's not an easy way to get to ferry from there. You could take an Uber to Old San Juan and take the ferry from there, or simply Uber directly to the facility.

How much was the Uber?

37 minutes ago, shari1737 said:

How much was the Uber?

Uber pricing is dynamic, based on demand. We took an Uber from a hotel in the Ocean Park area and I think it was $10, this was around 9:30 am. The Uber from Bacardi to the ferry port was $11 around noon. The Bacardi tasting tour was excellent! I highly recommend it.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, CruiseNwill said:

Can yo go to the Bacardi factor and just look around and buy Bacardi and not take a tour?

Yes.  They have a big permanent tent with a bar that you can get drinks and a gift shop.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, CruiseNwill said:

We are really just looking to buy bacardi special reserve and other bottles

They have the 10 year old, which you can buy anywhere, and then a hand bottled 12 year old, which was considerably more expensive than the 10. Not worth it in my mind, and I used to sell a ton of Bacardi in the wholesale biz back in the 80s.

For an extra $10, they'll etch your name on any bottle with a laser.

Edited by CineGraphic