P&o Excursions full

Vampiress88

Can I do diy?

all in Stavanger 

the p&o one does the swords, museum of archaeology and Iron Age farm. I think. 

got no clue if these are all in the same place or how I can do it myself. 

we were umming and ahhing and now it’s sold out. 

It’s a while since I was last in Stavanger, but from what I remember the museum is a short walk from where you berth. It was a good place to visit, but I think I may have been influenced by the raven haired Viking maiden that took us round it! The farm and the swords were definitely further away.

• Haha 1

Can't  you go on the wait list now? There used to be an orange box to click for that.

If they get enough interest they will put on an extra coach and guide, obviously that does not work if if the limit is venue/train capacity. While I can't remember doing it on P&O but we have been successful on HAL and Princess.

Lots to see within walking distance of ship. If you have been there before, I can recommend the Stavanger countryside trip. Very interesting, covers everything and good value. Fjord boat trip not worth it if you are cruising in the fjords anyway! 

38 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lots to see within walking distance of ship. If you have been there before, I can recommend the Stavanger countryside trip. Very interesting, covers everything and good value. Fjord boat trip not worth it if you are cruising in the fjords anyway! 

kids want to do something “Viking” 

that’s why I thought the Iron Age farm

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

If it is a rainy day go to the petroleum museum, fascinating and a cafe plus you can see the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund changing in real time, a HUGE sum of money

they have already veto the canning and oil museum 

Edited by Vampiress88

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

they have already veto the canning and oil museum 

Tick to get waitlisted people drop out all the time

19 hours ago, BrianI said:

I have not been there myself but others say the oil museum is very good for kids.

https://www.norskolje.museum.no/en/home/children-and-youth/

Brian

Our kids really enjoyed time in the "geopark" outside the oil museum, you can see it in the last photo from Brian's link. We've also enjoyed wandering around Old Stavanger, there's usually a nice market in the centre of town and some nice walks further in. None of that is "viking" of course but we've been a few times and always found something to do with the kids that they seem to have enjoyed.

21 hours ago, Bill Y said:

Can't  you go on the wait list now? There used to be an orange box to click for that.

If they get enough interest they will put on an extra coach and guide, obviously that does not work if if the limit is venue/train capacity. While I can't remember doing it on P&O but we have been successful on HAL and Princess.

I was just going to say the same. We have been on a wait list with P & O before and always managed to get on. That was before Covid though