Preplan private transportation or just jump in a cab to Carambola Beach Club? 5 adults / 2 kids

mtsublueraider

I was trying to price some transportation in another port (St Thomas) and had planned to rent a car in St Kitts. However, have decided that's probably not the best idea with a few drinks and driving on the other side of the road. 

With kids going to the Carambola Beach Club for the day is it better to hop in a cap and negotiate at the port or go ahead and set it up with someone? I was quoted $80 round trip from Tatem's and that seems reasonable. I've seen some folks talk to people about transportation at $10 per person each way. Just confirming with everyone here before we make a final decision. 

Thank you! 

Edited by mtsublueraider

41 minutes ago, mtsublueraider said:

I was trying to price some transportation in another port (St Thomas) and had planned to rent a car in St Kitts. However, have decided that's probably not the best idea with a few drinks and driving on the other side of the road. 

With kids going to the Carambola Beach Club for the day is it better to hop in a cap and negotiate at the port or go ahead and set it up with someone? I was quoted $80 round trip from Tatem's and that seems reasonable. I've seen some folks talk to people about transportation at $10 per person each way. Just confirming with everyone here before we make a final decision. 

Thank you! 

One will only comment on taxis….

The shared minivan charge is about $10 pp (plus tip) each way, with youngsters either free or $5 (plus tip) each way depending on age.  But the whole van of 9/10 pax has to agree on the return time, and sometimes this leads to arguments, because some want differential or a very early return time. [everyone is different and some are just total AHs] -

Make sure Tatem’s know the actual number of pax.

For privacy, convenience, price and no angst take the $80 

3 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One will only comment on taxis….

The shared minivan charge is about $10 pp (plus tip) each way, with youngsters either free or $5 (plus tip) each way depending on age.  But the whole van of 9/10 pax has to agree on the return time, and sometimes this leads to arguments, because some want differential or a very early return time. [everyone is different and some are just total AHs] -

Make sure Tatem’s know the actual number of pax.

For privacy, convenience, price and no angst take the $80 

Thank you. I'm confirming the $80 round trip price because based on what you're quoting that sounds like a great deal. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2023 at 7:25 AM, mtsublueraider said:

Thank you! 

Please reconsider Carambola Beach Club. They have killed the coral directly in front of the beach because they allowed patrons to stand on it while it was alive. 

The last two port calls we have gone to Cockleshell Beach. It might be a little more for transportation, but a lot cheaper to rent chairs. Check it on the Grand Turk tourism web site for more information.

Have a great time!!!