Tours from San Pedro Port ending at LAX

In Toronto

We have a flight leaving at 4:45 pm and will have to disembark by 9:00 am at San Pedro Port.  Any ideas of what we could do?  I know the cruise line has a tour which takes you around and then drops at airport but it is sold out.  

Thanks for suggestions.

Try these guys:

https://sunseekertours.com/

Only major LA area tour company that picks up at the harbor.  I'm not sure if they have a tour that gets you to LAX for a 4:45 flight since their standard tour is 8 hours and you probably need to be at LA by at least 2:45...but they also will put together a private tour to your specifications.  Maybe others on your roll call are looking fr the same?

On 3/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, Bruin Steve said:

Try these guys:

https://sunseekertours.com/

Only major LA area tour company that picks up at the harbor.  I'm not sure if they have a tour that gets you to LAX for a 4:45 flight since their standard tour is 8 hours and you probably need to be at LA by at least 2:45...but they also will put together a private tour to your specifications.  Maybe others on your roll call are looking fr the same?

Thank you, but a private tour would be much too expensive and the other tours are not set for what we need.

Maybe you could rent a car at San Pedro and return it to LAX, and then that way you could create your own tour. If you got off on the early side, you could conceivably already have gotten bags, gone through customs, and rented the car by 9, and then would have almost 6 hours to explore.

Are there any touristy things you want to see in particular? After I get off my cruise at San Pedro, I plan to Uber it to Santa Monica Pier or Venice Beach to walk around and gawk at the weirdos before my late flight. Ha! You can store your bags at local merchants near the beach using an app like Bounce. I use it to store my bag at cafes, stores, etc. while hanging out in NYC. One time I used the app to store my bag at a photography studio in Manhattan. When I got there, there were tons of beautiful models coming in for an audition. It was worth it!

The app will charge you like $1-$2/hr to store your bag at the business, or a flat fee of $6 for the day. Something like that. The merchant will put a number tag on your bag. Take a picture of the tag & bag with your phone (good for proof for your travel insurance), or write it down. When you come back for your bags later, the merchant will ask you for your tag number and to finish the final check out on the app. The app will charge you the appropriate fee, and off you go! Take a final Uber or taxi to the airport. I've never had problems with it. That way you can enjoy your day and not have to deal with your bags!

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:51 PM, Chicken_Lips said:

Are there any touristy things you want to see in particular? After I get off my cruise at San Pedro, I plan to Uber it to Santa Monica Pier or Venice Beach to walk around and gawk at the weirdos before my late flight. Ha! You can store your bags at local merchants near the beach using an app like Bounce. I use it to store my bag at cafes, stores, etc. while hanging out in NYC. One time I used the app to store my bag at a photography studio in Manhattan. When I got there, there were tons of beautiful models coming in for an audition. It was worth it!

The app will charge you like $1-$2/hr to store your bag at the business, or a flat fee of $6 for the day. Something like that. The merchant will put a number tag on your bag. Take a picture of the tag & bag with your phone (good for proof for your travel insurance), or write it down. When you come back for your bags later, the merchant will ask you for your tag number and to finish the final check out on the app. The app will charge you the appropriate fee, and off you go! Take a final Uber or taxi to the airport. I've never had problems with it. That way you can enjoy your day and not have to deal with your bags!

Thank you for this info. I've never heard of that app before, but I'll definitely look into it!