NCL Star: At Port In Venice -- April 17 (Monday) -- What To Expect Getting Ashore

ajtraveler66

We are to be at port in Venice on the NCL Star on Monday, April 17th from 6am-9pm.  

What is the most up-to-date information on what to expect on getting to set foot in Venice.  I understand that at one time bigger ships could no longer dock there...and maybe that's still the case.  Otherwise, is it a tender?  Something else?

Thanks.

Large ships cannot enter the Giudecca canal.  If you are at port in Venice you will either be in the industrial port or you will be tendered.

I don't know how accurate this list is, it's not an official publication of the port authority, but it says the Star will be porting at the Marghera industrial port that day:  Venice (Marghera, Italy) cruise port schedule | CruiseMapper

3 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Large ships cannot enter the Giudecca canal.  If you are at port in Venice you will either be in the industrial port or you will be tendered.

I don't know how accurate this list is, it's not an official publication of the port authority, but it says the Star will be porting at the Marghera industrial port that day:  Venice (Marghera, Italy) cruise port schedule | CruiseMapper

If this is true and Star docks there- how far away is it from Venice city center if you will?