OCEANIA CRUISES RAISES THE BAR ON ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILING BROADWAY-CALIBER ENTERTAINMENT ABOARD NEWEST SHIP VISTA

RetiredLifer

8 hours ago, Jayne E said:

We have avoided Vista and try to book Riviera.  Ship has been beautifully redone and still has Jacques, a beautiful room and food to match.  Embers on Vista appears to be a casual dining experience with no dress code and a nothing special menu. Those who enjoy dining casual will probably welcome this restaurant and those who prefer a more formal atmosphere will not. Our 20th O cruise is next month and we have never had dinner in Terrace Cafe.

Where  did you see no dress code  for Ember??

I am guessing it will be the sames dress code as the other specialties  but since the ship has not sailed yet  who really knows

Formal atmosphere??  are you sure  you are talking about Oceania ??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Where  did you see no dress code  for Ember??

I am guessing it will be the sames dress code as the other specialties  but since the ship has not sailed yet  who really knows

Formal atmosphere??  are you sure  you are talking about Oceania ??

When I said “more formal atmosphere” it was in comparison to what many wear for dinner in Terrace Cafe.  No collar T shirts, shorts, sneakers, rubber sole sandals…..and so they should as that venue is meant to be very casual.

I’ll take back “formal” as you misinterpreted me or you were attempting to be humorous or just contrary.  Let’s say Country Club Casual. A dress, dressy blouse/sweater and slacks for women and slacks and dress shirts for men, no sneakers and flip-flops.

Regarding Ember, a description from Oceania months ago, said you could stop to dine upon return from touring .  I would think there’s no dress code if what we wear touring is ok for early dinner.  UNLESS, they meant early tours and it’s lunch? I interpreted it as returning from full day tour. 

On 4/11/2023 at 4:58 PM, jonthomas said:

I think I was clear why I would not sail Viking again.

It was the star,  but others we met at the airport, said their V experience on different V ships was disappointing as well.

They've gotten a little flat lately. Still like them, but the pay-up-front thing is ridiculous and the entertainment onboard, be it ocean or rivers, is thin. We're looking forward to trying Oceania.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, loge23 said:

They've gotten a little flat lately. Still like them, but the pay-up-front thing is ridiculous and the entertainment onboard, be it ocean or rivers, is thin. We're looking forward to trying Oceania.

Paying 18-12 months in advance is absurd.  But they seem to be able to get away with it.  If a company goes bankrupt, I can get my money back from my credit card if it was paid within a year.  When I pay 18 months in advance, I risk everything being lost.  

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

When I said “more formal atmosphere” it was in comparison to what many wear for dinner in Terrace Cafe.  No collar T shirts, shorts, sneakers, rubber sole sandals…..and so they should as that venue is meant to be very casual.

I’ll take back “formal” as you misinterpreted me or you were attempting to be humorous or just contrary.  Let’s say Country Club Casual. A dress, dressy blouse/sweater and slacks for women and slacks and dress shirts for men, no sneakers and flip-flops.

Regarding Ember, a description from Oceania months ago, said you could stop to dine upon return from touring .  I would think there’s no dress code if what we wear touring is ok for early dinner.  UNLESS, they meant early tours and it’s lunch? I interpreted it as returning from full day tour. 

Ember is  listed  for Reservations  Required

So  I was just guessing it may be the same as the other Specialtirs  but after reading some  recent cruises  where  people were allowed just to walk up  & get a table in the Specialties   all bets are off

Time will tell what the real  story is 🤔

image.thumb.png.1ba53364444c44024121f7373289d4ad.png

From the jibes we got aboard from crew going to work there, it will still be CC casual. However, it will be more in and out with most meals being 45 minutes to an hour. Supposedly Oceania is expecting Embers to be very popular across a wide swath of passengers. That’s why reservations will be required.

Notice the seemingly high percentage of two tops? That will pull many in on its own.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, VacayAddict said:

Wish they’d book Martin Kaye on our Vista cruise. He performed on our Oceania Marina Amazon sailing in January 2019 and he was incredible. Pianist, crazy socks, quite the performer. Oh, and so handsome!!!!

He was hysterical! And some of the pianists were quite entertaining as well as talented.