Penthouse Suite on Emerald Dining Table in cabin

gvre

We booked a Penthouse Suite on Emerald  April 5th 2024 for the Total Eclipse of the Sun.

We like that fact we can order any of the meals they are serving in the dinning rooms and have it delivered to our suite

The problem is there isn’t a dinning table to eat it on except on the balcony.

Do you think they would bring us a folding table or any thoughts on this experience.

Thanks

On 3/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, gvre said:

We booked a Penthouse Suite on Emerald  April 5th 2024 for the Total Eclipse of the Sun.

We like that fact we can order any of the meals they are serving in the dinning rooms and have it delivered to our suite

Do you think they would bring us a folding table or any thoughts on this experience.

Thanks

While it may sound impossible to eat a multi-plate dinner on your couch in the living area of your cabin, it isn't that hard.  Room service will bring a tablecloth to cover your coffee table.  Plus there is space on the desk and wet bar in your suite for them to place the tray with your meal.  You just kind of work your way around the fact that you don't have a dining room table to eat on.  If you must have a chair and table height place to eat, the desk in the living area or the dressing table in the bedroom will also suffice.  One time my wife and I just sat on the floor, put our legs under the coffee table, put on a movie and had dinner.  It was fun.

You can ask about having them bring a table when you put in your room service order.  Who knows, they might be able to do that.  I've never tried.

17 hours ago, jeromep said:

While it may sound impossible to eat a multi-plate dinner on your couch in the living area of your cabin, it isn't that hard.  Room service will bring a tablecloth to cover your coffee table.  Plus there is space on the desk and wet bar in your suite for them to place the tray with your meal.  You just kind of work your way around the fact that you don't have a dining room table to eat on.  If you must have a chair and table height place to eat, the desk in the living area or the dressing table in the bedroom will also suffice.  One time my wife and I just sat on the floor, put our legs under the coffee table, put on a movie and had dinner.  It was fun.

You can ask about having them bring a table when you put in your room service order.  Who knows, they might be able to do that.  I've never tried.

Thanks for the reply!

4 minutes ago, gvre said:

Thanks for the reply!

Do consider purchasing Ultimate Balcony Dining.  Since you are in a suite you have a large table on the balcony, but during UBD you have a waiter who brings you the courses as they come up from the kitchen.  So it is full dining room service but on your balcony with courses served and plates taken away between courses.  It is very nice and very nicely coordinated.  For folks that have regular balcony cabins they do bring a folding table and get it set up with linens and a centerpiece.

• Like 1

Be advised that any room service meals you order are likely  to get cold food. I was just isolated in a full suite on the Emerald for 6 days and every meal was like warm at best

On 4/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, memoak said:

Be advised that any room service meals you order are likely  to get cold food. I was just isolated in a full suite on the Emerald for 6 days and every meal was like warm at best

How did you like the ship?  It seems to get mixed reviews?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2023 at 1:35 PM, memoak said:

I realize room service varies even on same ship. I have to add a compliment, we were on Regal in Jan., unfortunately DH became + with Covid. We enjoyed meals from MDR over 5 nights. They were all served at same warm temp as one would get in MDR. We ordered a special meal on New Years’ Eve and it was absolutely wonderful. No complaints about temp, quality or amount served. They took good care of us! 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, gvre said:

Thanks

I think they would if it were possible, or not too much out of their way, and it can’t hurt to ask. You bring up an interesting question though. Wouldn’t it be nice if ship food attendants offered their dining / delivery trolly as a pop out table like some hotels do? I guess there would be a lot going up and down the small hallways!

I agree with another poster to not underestimate the coffee table in a penthouse. That’s what we’ll do in September. When we previously sailed on the Diamond in a PH they were efficient at making our coffee table into a dining table…we really enjoyed it! It could be cozy if you bundled up outside in your balcony too! ☺️

On 5/21/2023 at 8:13 PM, gvre said:

How did you like the ship?  It seems to get mixed reviews?

Thanks

I am a fan of the Grand (Gem) class ships.  Love the Full Promenade.  Crooners was on the wrong side of the ship (lol).  Nice library, Wheelhouse, Adagio, IC, etc.  Shoppes were pitiful.  

Room service was prompt, but only ordered breakfast.  Keep in mind, that if you decide to order hot breakfast items, they will come from the MDR kitchen, not room service.  Hours will be limited. 

In my opinion, I thought the Emerald was in good shape.  All of the ships I’ve been on since the restart have had outstanding service and crew.