P&O vs Royal Caribbean

earn

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

We saw him on Britannia too, a great entertainer. The ambience in the Limelight is great too and I like the food and act all in one place.

I have also seen a Jersey Boys show for free on Azura and they were brilliant.

We're they the Broadway Jersey Boys. Saw them in Jersey, or was that the west end boys. I was on a flight back the the UK from Italy. Business class as the EU were paying. Boney M were on the flight. I was quite impressed until I discovered that there were, at that time 13 different Boney M's.🤣

• Haha 6

We went to Lichfield Theatre last weekend to watch the Welsh Musical Theatre Group

Really excellent show. They have a scholarship every year. Near the end of the show the conductor told the audience that their 2019 entrance scholar got his very first job on 2022 to take the lead part in Jersey Boys in the West end 

And he's just left that show to become Marty in Back to the future

Not a bad start to his career!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

We're they the Broadway Jersey Boys. Saw them in Jersey, or was that the west end boys. I was on a flight back the the UK from Italy. Business class as the EU were paying. Boney M were on the flight. I was quite impressed until I discovered that there were, at that time 13 different Boney M's.🤣

Another sarcastic comment. Which zap are you as there are dozens of them on here!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Another sarcastic comment. Which zap are you as there are dozens of them on here!

This one?Branches everywhere, except Broadway🤣

IMG_20220718_111615_3-edit-20220731005100.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, earn said:

We have cruised mostly Royal and a few Celebrity, Azamara, NCL and MSC.  Oh and one Carnival.  We are considering taking a P&O cruise because friends are already booked.  It is Iona to the Fjords in June.  Can people who have cruised both Royal and P&O give us some pluses and minuses of the switch?  I included the other lines in case P&O is actually closer to any of them for comparison.  Thanks in advance.

Morning @earn.

IMO Iona is the best P&O ship except for the Deck 8 balconies which offer no privacy.

We are D+ on Royal and just got off our favourite Oasis class ship in Miami in February and I am pro Royal Caribbean because of their offerings.

That said we have had 170 nights on P&O and been on all of their ships.

P&O are aimed at British passengers primarily so there are No tips required.

Reasonably priced drinks.

Reasonable entertainment.

Excellent Speciality restaurants at half the price of Royal.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

Graham.

• Like 4